Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spent a few days cutting and stacking this plum wood. stack is about 7x7 x 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent a few days cutting and stacking this plum wood. stack is about 7x7 x 18

Working on a stack of apple which will be the same size
    Project after that will be a stack of Peach wood. Should get a stack equal to the plum.
    The plum and apple is dier than a witches tit.

Start of the Apple wood stack

Comment

Nice. Be a while before you will be "plum out."

Comment

• grandad rod
        grandad rod commented
        Editing a comment
        I was plum worn out let me tell you.

I'm thinking theres a smoke or two in there Grandad!

Comment

Yes Jon. Each stick is say 5 foot average which we will say is equal to a smoked brisket or pulked pork.
        Won't have time to count them.

Comment

Hmmm. Plum wood. Interesting. Good job! Hope you're rested up!

Comment

What did you do cut down an orchard? Can I have some? ha-ha

Comment

• grandad rod
              grandad rod commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes Papa Bob the orchardist pushed over a paddock of plum n another of apple.
              Haven't seen the Peach yet but presume it will be same size.
              Like tthe Apple. Haven't Tried plum yet or Peach. Pekan is almost finished.
              Macadamia log has another 3 smokes.
              Found 15 cherry trees growing off the roadside. Only reason I noticed them is they are in bloom. They wont be there next year.

• Papa Bob
              Papa Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              where do you live? My cherry tree blooms March or so, depending on rain and sun. If my figures are right that's almost 7 cords, 6.89 to exact. Your going to have to buy a pig farm, a flock of chickens, and a heard of beef to use all that wood one hell of a party, Two questions,1 can I come and 2 can I help with the cook. will bring some wine and beer.

• grandad rod
              grandad rod commented
              Editing a comment
              South Queensland. We are just starting spring.

Peach & apple are my two faves. I have about 4 or 5 large crabapple trees in my yard I'm going to harvest probably this fall. No peach trees though, I have to buy it.

Comment

The old man has been busy with the chain saw's and the Bandit 9 inch chipper.
              Have a stack of apple logs 60 x 7 foot high. 1.5 -- 13 inch butts. Plus 14 ton of chips
              Stack of Peach 300 tree's plus 2000 # of chips. 450 to go.
              2 days ago went to a Cherry orchard and asked if he wasy going to cull any trees. Yes 275 there, now.and 750 old big trunked after next season..there was about 2000 sq ft stacked cherry tree. Asked him about them. He said he was going to burn them. Asked if I could havey,that way he didn't have to get permits. Ok he said.it's yours. Coulda hugged him. Been on they ground for almost a year.
              What started out as as simple stocking exercise has turned into a business..
              Need info please. Some one down South is manufacturing a "biscuit " for smoking. I can't find them again.
              Figure out how to post photos.
              wish I could send you some I'm only home at weekends. Get to smoke on Sunday.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis