Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POPPERS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POPPERS???

Ok so maybe this is already on the site somewhere, but I’m new & couldn’t find it!!! So what about poppers??? I LOVE poppers & love to try new stuffing for poppers. All of that being said could you share your favorite popper recipe. Have I mentioned that I LOVE poppers? Anyhow I have done many variations, but I always like to keep it simple. The last little batch I used cream cheese, monetary jack cheese & my pork seasoning, Most of the time I will add some kind of smoked meat. I like a bit of crunch & a bit of smoke so cook at around 250-275 for about 1-1.5 hrs.

Here you go BBQ4FUNN, Meathead's recipe.

Comment

I have a popper recipe that uses cardboard egg cartons to hold the peppers. Here is the recipe: http://www.jsonline.com/features/food/94781274.html

Comment

I raise my own jalapenos which I slice in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds. Stuff with spiced cream cheese and wrap with 1/2 slice bacon, toothpick them and freeze them..or at least leave them in the freezer for 30 minutes or more... then on the grillgrates untils the bacon is done. Freezing helps keep the cc from immediately flowing.

Comment

Unfortunately I am the only one who can handle the heat in the family, although my daughter is close. But I love that rack in the pick, looks really cool.

Comment

I do like fracmeister, except for the freezer part. That sounds interesting though. Sometimes I'll chop up a few Lit'l Smokies and throw 'em in the cream cheese. Pretty darn good!

And yeah, John, the immediate family doesn't much like heat. Good thing the extended family is into it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis