Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kalua Pit Giant Pizza (UK style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London
    replied
    Great Story! Made me smile

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    replied
    What a very cool thing to do with family and friends. my wife and I started bringing home grandkids after Thanksgiving festivities, For the rest of the weekend, Fri. Sat.,Sun. about 18 yrs. ago (when there was only 2) on Fri. the Disney flick at the movies, than out to dinner. Sat we make Swedish meatballs. never had more fun watching little people laughing and mixing, little hands rolling meatballs, with Papa. and now we lost the going out to dinner (there choice) cuz Fri. morning we make pizza dough (with a stand mixer) all the kids that are there help. They like to watch the yeast "BURP & FART" (IT MAES THE KIDS GIGGLE) come home from the show, all with a movie they picked out for the evening I fire up the grill and pizza stone we all make our own personal pizzas, plenty of different toppings, plenty of homemade sauce, plenty of cheese and memories that will last for ever. even had the 20 yr. old from college (UCSB) come for Thanksgiving at Papas and Grand mammas house.

Leave a comment:

• London
    replied
    Thanks Aaron. I will up upload the pics of the overnight pork and crackling asap. I took your advice when preping the dish, so some of the credit is yours!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    THAT. is. cool! I bet that's something those kids wont ever forget!

And hey! I like Fosters! Well, I like Fosters special bitter, which I haven't found here in the states in close to ten years.

Leave a comment:

• London
    replied
    Good spot John! Fosters in the the UK is kind of like a PBR in the USA, (read what you will from that!) we call it cooking lager, and yes a bottle of wine was used as a roller!

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Looks awesome, but I did notice 2 things: 1) Somebody actually drinks Foster's 2) is that a wine bottle rolling pin? Would have never thought of that.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    AWESOMENESS!

Leave a comment:

• London
    replied
    Your right Henrik. Its all about the fun, the prep and messing about with friends and family. The pizza is a happy by-product.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Now that's just one awesome pizza! Very cool project, must've been fun to get everyone involved. That's the way to cook.

Leave a comment:

• London
    started a topic Kalua Pit Giant Pizza (UK style)

Kalua Pit Giant Pizza (UK style)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n15151[/ATTACH] A few weeks ago i decided to do overnight pulled pork in a kalua pit (thanks for all your advice). Anyway, i thought it would be a shame to waste the wood that i needed to burn down before burying the pork, so hatched a plan to cook a giant pizza whilst the fire burned down. The idea was simple, I had made a steel door with handles, that would be used to access the pit, so before building the rest of the cover, we would make a pizza, and cook it on the steel door.

Along the way the bonus was teaching the kids how to make pizza from scratch, and then letting them all "build" their own pizzas from the topping I had brought along.

The pizza turned out pretty good, the grown ups had fun digging, burning and drinking, and the kids had a great time getting messy and eating. The photos show each stage. Please note that an essential part of the process was a cold refreshing beverage between each picture.

The pork also worked out (well sort of), but that’s for a separate post.
    Last edited by London; September 4, 2014, 02:37 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis