Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archive

Are all these seminars archived in case some of us cannot make the date. I wont be able to be available for this next one and I do not see anywhere where you can find older seminars.

TOTALLY STOKED for this one.

Comment

I'm with you Jon. Marking off the days on my calendar.

Comment

Harry, did you enter the competition world with a larger smoker/smokers and resort back to the WSM (if so, why?), or did you start out thinking 'I don't need expensive equipment, I can win with a simple WSM'?

Comment

My brother in AZ and his wife took his class in Diamond Bar, CA. He was very impressed! He also scanned his class booklet for me

Comment

Harry

How or why did you come up with the dry water pan concept?

How do you decide when/how often to spritz the meat?
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 26, 2014, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Harry,
              I am curious what advice you can give someone wanting to get into the competition arena? It intrigues me that you do this all with the WSM so any advice is welcome. Especially since all I'm planning on using a Pit Barrel Cooker and a Weber Gold with some mods.
              Thanks, Tim

Comment

Harry,

Just about everyone recomends Top vent fully open and regualte temp with the bottom vent yet you subscribe to only one bottom vent full open and top vent 50% open then adjust from the bottom as needed. Do you use this method in competition or only for a back yard Q?
                Thanks, Jim

Comment

Past seminars

Comment

Ok let's try this again...mobile browsers don't work so good here. Yes they're archived, and the main page of amazing ribs has a link to the past seminars, of which there's only one from last month.

Comment

They're in The Pit. Click this for last month's video: "Magic of Salt". The video is in the sticky thread at the top of the channel.

All seminars will be archived in The Pit so members can check them out whenever they like. The Harry Soo video will be archived in this channel shortly after it's been broadcast and the video editors clean it up a little bit for posterity.

Comment

what are the flavor profiles that you seem to see are the most in favor with judges and do you "scrape your skin " when doing chicken thanks

Comment

Thanks, I really want to see this one but may be working late tonight

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis