Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Today's Tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MagWarrior
    replied
    Here it is
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    If you google "bobtail truck" you'll find that both definitions are totally correct.

• Huskee
    replied
    I get it now. Must be one of those regional variations on the term bobtail. My father in law was, and 2 brothers in law and a cousin are all truckers and I've heard it meaning no-trailer.

Love to see a picture of your "office" MagWarrior

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for asking, Huskee !

• MagWarrior
    replied
    I'll send u all a picture tomorrow morning. . Picture is worth a 1000 words I hear..

Leave a comment:

• MagWarrior
    replied
    Bobtails are normally for propane to be about 12 feet from the cab to the rear deck. The propane tank mounted to the frame of the truck behind the cab averages about 2500 gallons up to 5000 gallons. Behind that is a hose real and metering system. The pump runs off a pot system off the transmission.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicChef
    replied
    Think of a bobtail cat. It doesn't have a full sized tail.

A bobtail truck doesn't have a semi trailer attached. It only has (typically) a single rear axle, dual tires, and from the cab to the end of the truck may measure 20-30 feet. In that 20-30 feet is generally a propane bullet, hoses, etc. to allow the filling from the truck to individual customers' propane bullets for home heating.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I always thought it was a nekkid semi truck (no trailer). But in this context it's confusing me.

• HorseDoctor
    commented on 's reply
    Don't pick on Huskee, I didn't know either....

• CeramicChef
    replied
    Good luck MagWarrior!

Huskee - what's a Bobtail? You crack me up sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• MagWarrior
    replied
    Lol sorry. Propane delivery truck. Around where I live everyone knows obviously I left some details out.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Enlighten my clueless self and the rest of us- what's a bobtail?

Leave a comment:

• MagWarrior
    replied
    Not mine but it is my spare bobtail for 2 offices so it can cause some big problems if one of my other bobtails breaks down then I have no way for the gas to be delivered to my 5000 plus customers. .

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    replied
    huh? sorry about the truck

Leave a comment:

• MagWarrior
    replied
    Another boring day. Truck broke down. Needs new engine in company bobtail and needs hydro tested too. Main office coming from roswell to pick it up tomorrow. Wish I was smoking some meat!!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis