Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Ribs 1-2-1 Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunderich_1
    replied
    I did foil up until the time I got the PBC. Now I don't think it's required with that little jewel. They come out extremely moist. If I go back to my Weber or any of my other grills, I will probably use foil or at least experiment with it. Have to be careful on time or they will fall apart using the foil, or at least it's happened to me in the past. I don't use the 3-2-1 method anymore that's for sure. More like 2-1-1.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Will have to give wrapping a shot, I don't have any issues with mine, but always up for trying new things.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia Dave
    replied
    I'll admit it. I foil mine too. I sprinkle some brown sugar on the foil, spray the ribs pretty good with apple juice, then lay them on top of the sugar, meat side down. Not only does that create an awesome glaze on the ribs but I pour what is left in the foil in my baked beans. SOOOOOO good!

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Timer
    replied
    I'll have to join boftx in the 8 ball group, I foil for the last hour and remove the foil when I take them out of the smoker.

Leave a comment:

• jrobertson50
    replied
    I will foil if i am trying to add some different flavors during the cook. Other than that i have had good luck without the foil.
    When i foil i use a 1 / 1.5 / .5 method. Without i just cook them for about three hours. Until a toothpick can slide right through the meat. I find 4 hours for babys just to much.

To answer your question remove the foil completely to allow the rib to cook the same all around. Don't want a soggy bottom and dry top.

Leave a comment:

• boftx
    replied
    I'm the oddball in the group. I foil my ribs but only so I can drizzle some butter, molasses and *just a touch* of maple syrup on them. I make the final glaze from the drippings in the foil.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Nick we don't recommend foiling ribs, but if you must I would say remove it completely the last chunk of time it's on the smoker/grill.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Smoke J.Y.D.
    started a topic Baby Back Ribs 1-2-1 Method

Baby Back Ribs 1-2-1 Method

Upon removing the foil after the fourth hour of cooking, is it recommended to completely remove it, or open the foil at the top and let the ribs cook the last hour in the juices resident in the bottom of the foil. Thanks in advance for the help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis