Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Summer already??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • airforcekixbutt
    Charter Member
    • Sep 2014
    • Avondale AZ

Summer already??

Can some of you please send us some cooler weather here in Phoenix AZ!! It's going to be in the mid 80's all week. Too soon for summer!!
  • Jerod Broussard
    • Jun 2014
    • East Texas
    • Pit Barrel Cooker "Texas Brisket Edition"
      Weber One Touch Premium Copper 22" Kettle (gift)
      Slow 'n Sear for 22" Kettle
      Weber One Touch Premium Black 26" Kettle (gift)
      Slow 'n Sear XL for 26" Kettle (gift)
      Weber Smokey Joe Gold
      Weber Rapid Fire Chimney
      Vortex
      Maverick ET-732 White
      Maverick ET-732 Copper
      2- Auber SYL-1615 fan systems(Awesome!!!!!!!!)
      Thermoworks Thermapen w/ Back light (gift)
      Thermoworks Timestick
      Cambro Model 300MPC110 w/ Winco SS Pans
      B & B and Kingsford Charcoal
      B & B Pellets

Talk to El Nino

Comment

• DeusDingo
      Founding Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Madison, WI
      • Weber Q320 grill
        Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Propane Smoker
        Maverick and thermo Pen thermometers

everyone here is complaining about the temps. i hate this part of winter because all i hear from everyone is "i can't wait for spring" when i am enjoying the cold. i don't think 12 degrees is all that cold considering it's WI in february. feels normal to me

Comment

• broilking4
        Former Member
        • Jan 2016
        • FLORIDA

I would gladly trade you the 80s for what we've been getting in Central Florida the last few days. Won't reach 60 today. Just in case you're not aware fresh water freezes at 70 here. The birds are skating in the bird bath. I'm having to wear a long sleeve T-shirt and a sweater and I'm inside.
        I know all up north are now feeling sorry for me and thank you for your concern. Enjoy that 80 degree weather in AZ this week. My turn will soon be here. LOL

Comment

• Skip
          Founding Member
          • Jul 2014
          • Blue Earth, Minnesota
          • LSG Adjustable Grill/Smoker, MAK Pellet Grill, Large BGE, Weber Kettle with SnS, Weber Gasser, Pit Barrel Cooker, Cast Iron Pans & Griddle, Grill Grates, Mostly Thermoworks Thermometers

Where are Florida and Arizona? 60 and 80 degrees this time of year? In Minnesota it's in the mid teens and we think it's nice because the sun is shining! The only place colder is Fargo where Dan is at!! If he doesn't quit sending this cold weather to southern Minnesota I'm going to start sending it back to him! LOL

Comment

• Smokedad
            Club Member
            • Jan 2016
            • Pearl City,Hi

Like Fla. we are having a rather cool spring 78-56 today. El Nino brings warm water up closer to us in summer & fall. Just in time for hurricane season! Storms in the North Pacific bring big waves, 30'35' at Wiamea bay today. Anyone out there know of any competions in Hawaii? Fair winds and following seas!

Comment

• Breadhead
              Banned Former Member
              • Jul 2014

I'm in Southern California...😄

Comment

• Breadhead
                Banned Former Member
                • Jul 2014

airforcekixbutt ...

"Can some of you please send us some cooler weather here in Phoenix AZ!! It's going to be in the mid 80's all week. Too soon for summer!!"

I used to live in Scottsdale and when it was only 85° that was heaven. Time to go golfing.😄

Comment

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fore!!!!!!
              • jgg85234
                Charter Member
                • Nov 2014
                • Gilbert, AZ (Suburb of Phoenix)
                • *Cooking Equipment
                  Kamado Joe Classic in Eucalyptus Table (2016)
                  Kamado Joe Joetisserie (2017)
                  Weber 22.5" Kettle (K Date Code - 1988) Wooden handles/wood side table
                  Adrenaline BBQ Company Slow n Sear #61
                  Adrenaline BBQ Company Drip n Griddle
                  Weber Smokey Mountain 14.5" (2014)
                  *Controllers
                  Flame Boss 200
                  *Thermometers
                  Thermapen MK4 (Red)
                  Thermopop (Red)
                  Thermoworks TW8060 with grill and meat probes
                  *Favorite Whisky - Knockando Speyside Single Malt
                  *Favorite Red Wine - Clos du Bois Marlstone
                  *Favorite White Wine - Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay
                  *Favorite Beer - Budweiser Budvar (Czechvar in the US) frisch vom fass
                  *Favorites to grill - New York Strips or Top Sirloins, pizzas are fun too
                  *Favorites to smoke - Baby Back or St. Louis Ribs, Pork Butts, Standing Rib Roast, Strip Loin Roast, Tri-Tip, Chicken, Turkey, Pork Loin, Cornish Hens

Originally posted by Skip View Post
                Where are Florida and Arizona? 60 and 80 degrees this time of year? In Minnesota it's in the mid teens and we think it's nice because the sun is shining! The only place colder is Fargo where Dan is at!! If he doesn't quit sending this cold weather to southern Minnesota I'm going to start sending it back to him! LOL
                Arizona, and probably Florida too are easy to find. Just get out of town on the freeway, and follow the Canadian license plates. They're all headed for warm weather

Mid 80s is wonderful, but we're projected to be 88 for a high the next several days. Fortunately, it's a dry heat. I don't think it will stay quite this warm, but if it does, we could break 100 sometime in March

Jim

Comment

• johnsteen
                  Charter Member
                  • Jan 2015

Weather. It's either too hot, too cold, too wet, or too dry. Other wise all are happy :0

Comment

• DWCowles
                    Founding Member
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Smiths Grove, Ky
                    • Hi, my name is Darrell. I'm an OTR truck driver for over 25 years. During my off time I love doing backyard cooks. I have a 48" Lang Deluxe smoker, Rec-Tec pellet smoker,1 Weber Genesis 330, 1 Weber Performer (blue), 2 Weber kettles (1 black and 1 Copper), 1 26" Weber kettle, a WSM, 8 Maverick Redi Chek thermometers, a PartyQ, 2 SnS, Grill Grates, Cast Iron grates, 1 ThermoPop (orange) and 2 ThermoPens (pink and orange) and planning on adding more cooking accessories. Now I have an Anova sous vide, the Dragon blower and 2 Chef alarms from Thermoworks.

as long as the temp stays above 65 F. and below 100 F. I'm happy

Comment

• CurlingDog
                      Charter Member
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Port Washington, WI
                      • Traeger Jr Elite, Modern Home Products TJK gasser,Char-Broil 26" Round Charcoal Grill CBRMH-2600/S, Weber Smokey Joe, small portable POS charcoal grill, 13.25" GrillGrates, Thermopen, Maverick ET-732, Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer
                        gorilla gloves, bear paws

send some of that El Nino weather my way... I'm doing steaks on the gasser this saturday, and temps will be 8 deg F, with wind chills to -20. (I'll be tucked in away in the garage out of the wind with the g-door open). Thank god for Scotch.

Comment

• oldthor
                        Former Member
                        • Jan 2016
                        • Western Massachusetts

Sigh!! Looking forward to -10 on Saturday here in Western Massachusetts. High of 24 degrees today dropping to 4 degrees by tonight. Come on Spring

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
                        See more
                        See less
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}