Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustard or Tomato Based sauce for all the Pork Butts today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustard or Tomato Based sauce for all the Pork Butts today?

I love both sauces but mustard based does do it for me for pulled pork. I previously tried Meathead's Grownup Mustard sauce and it was absolutely outstanding! My daughter who is 16 just absolutely loved it! It was hard to convince her to let me try Meathead's Columbia Gold but I just whipped some up and man it is awesome before it even sets an hour. Looking forward to using it on the pork. Thanks Meathead!

I use the South Carolina mustard sauce. Next time I am going to use less vinegar. But man it was still great.

Comment

• SurfsUp
      SurfsUp commented
      Editing a comment
      It's my first time making it and my initial taste test was WOW that is good! I did get a good hit of vinegar with the taste. Will see how it is on the pork.

Why not both? I regularly mix a 50/50 blend of Meathead's Columbia Gold and my own KC-style (tomato/vinegar based), add a dash of lime juice and it's amazing on smoked pork & chicken. If you're going to have both, try a mix!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      x2 I love a 50/50 mix

Huskee you sound like a man that can't make up his mind

Comment

I like to experiment! But what you say is true, it's hard to pick a fav. They're all good.

Comment

• SurfsUp
        SurfsUp commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you there... have you published your KC style recipe?

Yep, here: Huskee's Original Shawsh

Comment

Got my mustard sauce in the recipes. I don't sauce anything but ribs, I usually provide people several options though my mustard sauce or a jar of Head Country go the fastest.

Comment

I made mine from the drippings in the wrap. I drizzled some butter, honey and a touch of maple syrup on the butt before foiling, then just added some vinegar, rep pepper and chili powder to about half of the drippings afterwards for the sauce. (The rest of the drippings was mixed back in while pulling.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis