Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ of the Gods- with Michael Pollan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ of the Gods- with Michael Pollan

Thought you would all enjoy this!

Michael Pollan explains the lost cultural and spiritual importance of cooking and eating meat.

Thats cool man! Thats a neat site. Good share. Thank you.

Comment

I don' know if the author had THIS is mind, but every time I bite into my smoked (Pit Barrel Cooker) babyback ribs (Thanks for the rubs, Huskee and Meathead!) I feel a great "primal" scream of joy begin to emanate from within my inner "caveman" self!

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! THAT pretty much summed it all up!

Every time I eat BBQ (or any kind of meat) I can't help but think that vegetarians are insane for thinking that doing so is bad for us. It should be obvious to anyone with two working brain cells that we evolved to do so (and in fact by doing so.)

(OTOH, every vegetarian at an event just means more BBQ for me.)

Comment

• AaronS
        AaronS commented
        Editing a comment
        "For every animal a vegetarian doesn't eat, I'm going to eat three." - One of my all time favorite quotes.

Jerry Seinfeld says "Why are fish so healthy? They eat fish!" I think the same can be said for carnivores. Everything in moderation. Your body needs fat and protein and many of us choose to get that with delicious animals, lol.

Comment

• boftx
        boftx commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll give you a choice. A) you can have as much BBQ and beer as you want and die at age 70, or B) you can only have BBQ once a month and limit yourself to one beer a day and live to be 100. (Oh, and you hope your children or grandchildren will be willing to change your diapers when you are 75.)

Which would you choose?

Hint: To enjoy life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks. - Lazarus Long

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis