Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morton's vs Diamond Kosher Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morton's vs Diamond Kosher Salt

Any preference? Also how does this apply to 1/2 tsp of kosher salt per pound of meat. From what I understand, you need more volume of Diamond compared to Morton. 1.85:1. Does this ratio sound correct?

That's the problem with salt...

ALL salt measurements should include the weight. Then you just match the weight. "5 grams of salt" is "5 grams of salt."

Check out Meathead's "The Zen of Salt" for info and some conversion ratios. I can't speak to your specific request. Sorry.

Comment

• Christobol
      Christobol commented
      Editing a comment
      According to Meathead there are anti-clumping agents added salt to help keep it separated, so that likely adds some weight, so 5 grams of table salt isn't 5 grams of kosher salt... Maybe the added weight is only 5%, I have no idea.
      Last edited by Christobol; September 3, 2014, 09:59 AM. Reason: clarification

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis