Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Redneck BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Parrish
    Founding Member - Pit Boss Emeritus
    • May 2014
    • Charlotte, NC

The PUBQ... "We handle your food from beginning to end!"

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pit Boss, Now I Know Why You're "The Boss" Dave Its a matter of Physics! Dan

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Dan I think it's more because no one else wanted the job
  • Breadhead
    Banned Former Member
    • Jul 2014

Just so you guys know where the term crapper originated...😎

Thomas Crapper (baptised 28 September 1836; died 27 January 1910) was a plumber who founded Thomas Crapper & Co in London. Contrary to widespread misconceptions, Crapper did not invent the flush toilet. He did, however, do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, such as the ballcock[citation needed]. He was noted for the quality of his products and received several royal warrants.

Mr Crapper manufactured the finest crapper's on the market back in his day.👍

I learned that tidbit years ago on a business trip to San Francisco. The hotel I stayed in had old antique bathrooms and the toilet had Mr Crapper's name in the toilet bowl. Out of curiosity I did some research to find out why they had that name on the crapper in my hotel room.😎

Just so you know...👌

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      So is this where the euphemism "crap" came from? Side note- from what I understand, having some good friends who moved to the US from England, in England "crap" isn't a euphemism or slang word, it's actually a curse word.

Apologies if our conversation here offends any Brits!

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}