Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brinkmann Smoke n grill for $15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brinkmann Smoke n grill for $15?

There are no reviews because the company is Chapter 11. But $15 for a smoker seems pretty reasonable.

https://scranton.craigslist.org/app/5329760866.html
    Last edited by Mosca; November 24, 2015, 04:22 PM.

Mosca, I have the Stainless Steel version of this Smoker! It does a very good job of Smoking Butts and Briskets! It is a Water Smoker, I just found it cumbersome to keep fueled on long cooks 10-12 Hrs. I even bought an electric burner to finish long cooks! It is just to Cumbersome , In MHO, but it does a good Job of Smoking! 👍👎🦃👎👍. Happy Thanks Giving, Eat Well and Prosper, Dan

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Dan.

Okay, some research tells me that this is an ECB (el Cheapo Brinkmann)! And there are many modifications people do to it, cheaply, that make it into a very good smoker, and most of those mods involve the Weber Smokey Joe... and I have a Smokey Joe that I never use.

So, it looks like I am going to be modifying an ECB!

Comment

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee uses his old ECB as a coal starter for his stick burner. I just sold mine to a buddy - kinda like my guns, the wife said it was okay to get a new one, but I gotta get rid of one first!

About all they're good for is starting coal. Nice repurposing Huskman. They make several El Cheapo Models that are similar with different names. Here's the review: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...okers-aka-ecbs

Comment

Thanks Max Good Mine's the cabinet though, not the bullet. I also use it as my preburning box for wood for my offset and my store-my-preburnt wood box. I would buy another cabinet long before the Brinkmann bullets (Char Broil makes one nearly identical to the Brinkmann cabinet, still at about $80). The cabinet smokers can be useful with tweaks, I have never seen how these cheap bullets could be useful compared to other devices in the same price bracket.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis