Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Hunting pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your Hunting pics!

Michigan firearm season 2015Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	123116

Great picture! I can't contribute, I haven't hunted in a few years....

Comment

That is a beautiful buck!!
    Is that an older 760 / 7600 pumpmaster Remington?
    Last edited by x101airborne; November 23, 2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks x101airborne ,Good eye And yes it's a Remington 760 Gamemaster 300 Savage. It was my Grandpas I think from the 50s

• x101airborne
      x101airborne commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah. That's right. The 760 Gamemaster was the short action (quite rare here in SE Texas) while the Pumpmaster was the long action (as I remember).
      Treasure that rifle as I am sure you do.
      I have a 742 Woodsmaster in 30-06 (semi auto) but dad wont let me bring it inside his house. When he was a young man, a friend had one. Hunting in freezing cold, they came in and laid the rifle on the bed. As it warmed, it racked off all 5 rounds through the wall. It was common for rifles to be brought inside loaded before that, but not after.

This is my buck. There are many like it but this one is mine. LOL!
    150 pounds live weight
    15 1/2 inches inside spread
    9 points
    Custom Mauser in 308 Winchester, Leupy Vari-X II 3-9x40
    Shot was 130 yards
    I kinda like the flower in the background.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful Buck,Congrats!

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's about as uniform a rack as they come! Congratulations x101airborne! 👍👍🦃👍👍. Happy Thanks Giving, Dan

Durnit - I knew I should have taken a selfie of me yesterday when I was doing battle at Sam's trying to dig for a nice pack of chuck roasts - lol!

Lately all I have been hunting with the bow or rifle are targets.

I have been promised to be taken on a bowhunt for feral hogs / boar in the coming new year -- hopefully I'll have a nice pic to post then!

Comment

• x101airborne
      x101airborne commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck! I shot 18 hogs with a rifle last week. Mixed the pork with my deer and a couple pork bellies for sausage. With my Son's deer, 100 pounds of deer from last year that was in my freezer, my Mother's deer and mine plus those hogs we made 300 links for cooking, 50 links of dried, 80 pounds of pan sausage and 110 pounds ground unseasoned meat.

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      HC in SC we'll be waitin!

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on! We have a horrible feral hog problem out in the West Ashley / ACE Basin area. They tear up everything from crop fields, small gardens, golf courses to even people's personal flower beds. I have even been told the little bastards will eat newborn fawns alive. I can't wait to take out a few with extreme prejudice!

I REALLY wish I had a hunter in the family.

Comment

• x101airborne
      x101airborne commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! It seems glamorous, but by the time you buy all the gear, practice, feed a gun lust addiction, spend hours and hours driving to the range, to the fields, pay for a lease if you have to then either process it yourself or pay someone else to do it, that deer or hog comes out to about 10,000 dollars a pound (not really, but you get the drift). Or maybe it does for me because I have no self control in a gun shop and an affection for high end shotguns and bolt action rifles.
      Hey, this fat boy gotta be able to feed himself and I don't care for chicken! LOL

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      woohooo!

I grew up hunting those critters... I miss it.

• x101airborne
      x101airborne commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful. Are those pintails or canvasbacks? I could be way off....

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are bluebills and a redhead,

smarkley , get your self healed and head over here next fall for some big water fowling!

Nice!Good Eats👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis