Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtmack
    Club Member
    • Nov 2015

turkey

I have a treager lil tex and doing up an 18lb turkey today. Having trouble finding a gravy pan to put under the grill grate, seems like there isn't a big distance between the food grate and the heat deflector, any suggestions?
  • CeramicChef
    Former Member
    • Jul 2014
    • OKC, OK

How about an inexpensive formed aluminum steam table pan you can find at any Sam's Club or Wal~Mart. I use them all the time as drip pans on all low-n-slow cooks. Very cost effective and no muss, no fuss! They're disposable!

Comment

• grillinglen
      Club Member
      • Jul 2015
      • Boise idaho

I put the turkey on a cooling rack with that inside the pan instead of trying to fit the pan under the grate. I do that anytime I want to catch drippings for gravy

Comment

• DWCowles
        Founding Member
        • Jul 2014
        • Smiths Grove, Ky
        • Hi, my name is Darrell. I'm an OTR truck driver for over 25 years. During my off time I love doing backyard cooks. I have a 48" Lang Deluxe smoker, Rec-Tec pellet smoker,1 Weber Genesis 330, 1 Weber Performer (blue), 2 Weber kettles (1 black and 1 Copper), 1 26" Weber kettle, a WSM, 8 Maverick Redi Chek thermometers, a PartyQ, 2 SnS, Grill Grates, Cast Iron grates, 1 ThermoPop (orange) and 2 ThermoPens (pink and orange) and planning on adding more cooking accessories. Now I have an Anova sous vide, the Dragon blower and 2 Chef alarms from Thermoworks.

Try one of these Click image for larger version

Name:	688914.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	122643

Comment

• jtmack
          Club Member
          • Nov 2015

I tried to fit the cheapy aluminum ones under neath but the treager has a tilt on in that leads to the bucket on the outside. Seems like if I use the roasting pan the turkey will be touching the top of the grill. If I skip the drippings for the gravy (not the most ideal situation) can I just skip the pan underneath or will that take away from the moisture level?

Comment

• CeramicChef
            Former Member
            • Jul 2014
            • OKC, OK

jtmack - I wouldn't worry about the moisture level. Cook your bird to 160° - 165° and you should be just fine.

Comment

• jtmack
              Club Member
              • Nov 2015

Great thanks CeramicChef

Comment

• Meathead
                Administrator
                • May 2014
                • Chicago area
                • Remember, no rules in the bedroom or kitchen
                  Meathead

You posted your question on the free site and I responded there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
                See more
                See less
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}