Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Space is limited to 400, secure your spot by booking early!
Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
See more
See less

Jokes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breadhead
    Banned Former Member
    • Jul 2014

Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Har-dee-har-har!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it. Brisket is King.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the Texan's in the Pit would appreciate this...👍
  • Craigar
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Papillion, NE
    • * - Weber 26.75" OTG
      * - Weber 22.5" Premium cloaked in Crimson
      * - Slow 'N Sear
      * - Smoke E-Z - 26.75" (The Grain Silo)
      * - Lodge Sportsman Grill
      * - Weber Rapid Fire Chimney Starter
      * - Thermoworks ThermoPop
      * - Thermoworks Dot
      * - iGrill2 - 4 probes
      * - Favorite Beer - the cold one in my hand (craft beers of all flavors; haven't had a blue yummy in over 6 years) my tastes change with the season so it is difficult to name just a couple. However, I will occasionally have a vanilla porter float in the summer (Empyrean Vanilla Porter w/a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream) as I usually drink stouts & porters in the colder months, pale ales & IPAs in the warmer months. I have to add Not Your Father's Root Beer to beers I use for floats.
      * - Booze - I don't really have a favorite, but lean towards single malt Scotch & Irish whiskey
      * - Wines - Reds: mainly the heavy stuff mixed in with the occasional pinot noir ( I have yet to meet a malbec I didn't like); Whites: German & Nebraska (hey, I have to support the home team)
      * - Favorite Spice outlets - Frisco Spices in LaVista, NE (the local butcher supply shop); Volcanic Peppers in Bellevue, NE
      * - Current butchers: Just Good Meats & Fareway Foods

As a scarecrow, people say I'm outstanding in my field. But hay, it's in my jeans.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Boo!!! That's corny.... :«)

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      ahahahahhaha. Solid Gold! @tbob4

Nice work Craig!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker - He has you down! Hahahahahaha. Good job. Craigar - when I put simply Spinaker as a reply know that it means it is a good/corny joke!
  • Craigar
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Papillion, NE
    • * - Weber 26.75" OTG
      * - Weber 22.5" Premium cloaked in Crimson
      * - Slow 'N Sear
      * - Smoke E-Z - 26.75" (The Grain Silo)
      * - Lodge Sportsman Grill
      * - Weber Rapid Fire Chimney Starter
      * - Thermoworks ThermoPop
      * - Thermoworks Dot
      * - iGrill2 - 4 probes
      * - Favorite Beer - the cold one in my hand (craft beers of all flavors; haven't had a blue yummy in over 6 years) my tastes change with the season so it is difficult to name just a couple. However, I will occasionally have a vanilla porter float in the summer (Empyrean Vanilla Porter w/a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream) as I usually drink stouts & porters in the colder months, pale ales & IPAs in the warmer months. I have to add Not Your Father's Root Beer to beers I use for floats.
      * - Booze - I don't really have a favorite, but lean towards single malt Scotch & Irish whiskey
      * - Wines - Reds: mainly the heavy stuff mixed in with the occasional pinot noir ( I have yet to meet a malbec I didn't like); Whites: German & Nebraska (hey, I have to support the home team)
      * - Favorite Spice outlets - Frisco Spices in LaVista, NE (the local butcher supply shop); Volcanic Peppers in Bellevue, NE
      * - Current butchers: Just Good Meats & Fareway Foods

If you jumped off a bridge in Paris, you'd be in Seine.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Boo again! ;«)
  • Breadhead
    Banned Former Member
    • Jul 2014

Attached Files

Comment

• jgg85234
      Charter Member
      • Nov 2014
      • Gilbert, AZ (Suburb of Phoenix)
      • *Cooking Equipment
        Kamado Joe Classic in Eucalyptus Table (2016)
        Kamado Joe Joetisserie (2017)
        Weber 22.5" Kettle (K Date Code - 1988) Wooden handles/wood side table
        Adrenaline BBQ Company Slow n Sear #61
        Adrenaline BBQ Company Drip n Griddle
        Weber Smokey Mountain 14.5" (2014)
        *Controllers
        Flame Boss 200
        *Thermometers
        Thermapen MK4 (Red)
        Thermopop (Red)
        Thermoworks TW8060 with grill and meat probes
        *Favorite Whisky - Knockando Speyside Single Malt
        *Favorite Red Wine - Clos du Bois Marlstone
        *Favorite White Wine - Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay
        *Favorite Beer - Budweiser Budvar (Czechvar in the US) frisch vom fass
        *Favorites to grill - New York Strips or Top Sirloins, pizzas are fun too
        *Favorites to smoke - Baby Back or St. Louis Ribs, Pork Butts, Standing Rib Roast, Strip Loin Roast, Tri-Tip, Chicken, Turkey, Pork Loin, Cornish Hens

DIVERSION

The Old Perfesser, Maury and Pauly were at a conference together in Chicago and they were sharing a large suite on the top of a 75-story skyscraper. After a long day of meetings they were upset to hear that the elevators in their hotel were broken and they would have to climb 75 flights of stairs to get to their room.

The Old Perfesser said to Maury and Pauly, "Let's break the boredom of this horrendous climb by concentrating on something more interesting. I'll tell jokes for 25 flights, and Maury can sing songs for 25 flights, and Pauly can tell sad stories the rest of the way."

At the 26th floor The Old Perfesser stopped telling jokes and Maury began to sing. At the 51st floor Maury stopped singing and Pauly began to tell sad stories.

"I will tell my saddest story first," he muttered gloomily, "I left our room key in the car."

Jim

Comment

• RonB
        Club Member
        • Apr 2016
        • Near Richmond VA
        • Weber Performer Deluxe
          SNS
          Pizza insert
          Rotisserie
          Smokenator 1000
          Cookshack Smokette Elite
          2 Thermapens
          Chefalarm
          Dot
          lots of probes.
          CyberQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	image001b.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	288537

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          gcdmd - close but no banana.

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          This is fun. Is it some other metric in binary?

• Steve Vojtek
          Steve Vojtek commented
          Editing a comment
          01001000 01100001 01101000 01100001 01101000 01100001
      • jgg85234
        Charter Member
        • Nov 2014
        • *Cooking Equipment
          *Controllers
          Flame Boss 200
          *Thermometers
          Thermapen MK4 (Red)
          Thermopop (Red)
          *Favorites to smoke - Baby Back or St. Louis Ribs, Pork Butts, Standing Rib Roast, Strip Loin Roast, Tri-Tip, Chicken, Turkey, Pork Loin, Cornish Hens

A (not so) simple twist of fate

"On 23 March 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound of the head. The decedent had jumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide (he left a note indicating his despondency). As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the decedent was aware that a safety net had been erected at the eighth floor level to protect some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide anyway because of this."

"Ordinarily," Dr. Mills continued, "a person who sets out to commit suicide ultimately succeeds, even though the mechanism might not be what he intended. That Opus was shot on the way to certain death nine stories below probably would not have changed his mode of death from suicide to homicide. But the fact that his suicidal intent would not have been successful caused the medical examiner to feel that he had homicide on his hands. "The room on the ninth floor whence the shotgun blast emanated was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing and he was threatening her with the shotgun. He was so upset that, when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife and the pellets went through the window striking Opus.

"When one intends to kill subject A but kills subject B in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject B. When confronted with this charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant that neither knew that the shotgun was loaded. The old man said it was his long-standing habit to threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her - therefore, the killing of Opus appeared to be an accident. That is, the gun had been accidentally loaded.

"The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun approximately six weeks prior to the fatal incident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus.

There was an exquisite twist. "Further investigation revealed that the son (Ronald Opus) had become increasingly despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23, only to be killed by a shotgun blast through a ninth story window.

"The medical examiner closed the case as a suicide."

Jim

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          There seems to be lots of high level international bankers that are dying in similar ways...😎
      • jgg85234
        Charter Member
        • Nov 2014
        • *Cooking Equipment
          *Controllers
          Flame Boss 200
          *Thermometers
          Thermapen MK4 (Red)
          Thermopop (Red)

Math over the years

Last week I purchased a Whopper at Burger King for $4.58.The counter girl took my $5 and I was digging for my change when I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies, while looking at the screen on her register. I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried. Why do I tell you this?

Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1960s:

1. Teaching Math In 1960
        A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

2. Teaching Math In 1970
        A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1980
        A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Math In 1990
        A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20 & circle eighty dollars.

5. Teaching Math In 2000
        A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living?

Topic for class participation
        After answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)

6. Teaching Math In 2016
        Un hachero vende una carretada de madera para $100. El costo de la producciones es $80.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Sad but true!!! Especially here in California.

• NortheastAl
          NortheastAl commented
          Editing a comment
          How true. And in less than three generations.
      • RonB
        Club Member
        • Apr 2016
        • Near Richmond VA
        • Weber Performer Deluxe
          SNS
          Pizza insert
          Rotisserie
          Smokenator 1000
          Cookshack Smokette Elite
          2 Thermapens
          Chefalarm
          Dot
          lots of probes.
          CyberQ

Name:	image001c.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	288711

Comment

• gcdmd
          Charter Member
          • Sep 2014
          • The Republic of Texas

(111111)2 = (63)10

Comment

• jgg85234
            jgg85234 commented
            Editing a comment
            (77)8 octal
            (3F)hex
            Easy for RonB to find his photos. Search for '111111"

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Atomic number of europium and dialing code for the Philippines

• EvanRobinson
            EvanRobinson commented
            Editing a comment
            OCT(31) = DEC(25)

Proof that Halloween is equivalent to Christmas.

Octal 31 = 3*8 + 1 = Decimal 25
        • jgg85234
          Charter Member
          • Nov 2014
          • *Cooking Equipment
            *Controllers
            Flame Boss 200
            *Thermometers
            Thermapen MK4 (Red)
            Thermopop (Red)

Two Beggars in Rome

Two beggars are sitting side by side on a street in Rome. One has a cross in front of him; the other a Star of David. Many people pass by and look at both beggars, but only put money into the hat of the beggar sitting behind the cross.

A priest comes by, stops and watches throngs of people giving money to the beggar behind the cross, but none give to the beggar behind the Star of David.

Finally, the priest goes over to the beggar behind the Star of David and says, "My poor fellow, don't you understand? This is a Catholic country, this city is the seat of Catholicism. People aren't going to give you money if you sit there with a Star of David in front of you, especially when you're sitting beside a beggar who has a cross. In fact, they would probably give to him just out of spite."

The beggar behind the 'Star of David' listened to the priest, turned to the beggar with the cross and said: "Moishe, look who's trying to teach the Goldstein brothers about marketing."

Comment

• jgg85234
            Charter Member
            • Nov 2014
            • *Cooking Equipment
              *Controllers
              Flame Boss 200
              *Thermometers
              Thermapen MK4 (Red)
              Thermopop (Red)

A hunter walking through the jungle found a huge dead elephant with a pygmy standing beside it.

Amazed, he asked "Did you kill that?!"

The pygmy said, "Yes."

The hunter asked, "How could a little guy like you kill a huge beast like that?"

"I killed it with my club."

The astonished hunter asked, "How big is your club?"

The pygmy replied, "There're about 60 of us."

Comment

• jgg85234
              Charter Member
              • Nov 2014
              • *Cooking Equipment
                *Controllers
                Flame Boss 200
                *Thermometers
                Thermapen MK4 (Red)
                Thermopop (Red)

Hard of Hearing

An elderly gentleman of 85 feared his wife was getting hard of hearing. So one day he called her doctor to make an appointment to have her hearing checked.

The Doctor made an appointment for a hearing test in two weeks, and told the man there was a simple informal test he could do in the meanwhile to give him some idea of the state of her problem.

'Here's what you do," said the doctor, "start out about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you. If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he's in the living room. He says to himself, "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens."

Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Honey, what's for supper?" No response.

So the husband moved to the other end of the room, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Honey, what's for supper?" Still no response.

Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Honey, what's for supper?"

Again he gets no response so he walks up to the kitchen door, only 10 feet away. "Honey, what's for supper?"

Again there is no response, so he walks right up behind her. "Honey, what's for supper?"

"Damn it, Earl, for the fifth time, CHICKEN!"

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                Charter Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Melbourne Australia
                • 6 & 2 burner gas BBQ's
                  Diy electric smoker
                  A-maze-n-tube 12 inch
                  Gas powered pizza oven
                  GMG Davy Crockett with Wifi
                  Rosle 24 inch charcoal kettle
                  Slow'nSear - my favourite
                  2 x Thermapens
                  2 x wireless thermometers
                  3 x wired thermometers
                  Favourite drink:
                  Scotch whiskey various brands
                  American Honey WT
                  And beer ....
                  And at work just plain old chilled water....

My favorite T-shirt:

Name:	DSC_0105.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	6.59 MB
ID:	289462

Comment

• vandy
                  vandy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As a mechanic I really appreciate that one! So true.
              • Steve Vojtek
                Charter Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Melbourne Australia
                • 6 & 2 burner gas BBQ's
                  Diy electric smoker
                  A-maze-n-tube 12 inch
                  Gas powered pizza oven
                  GMG Davy Crockett with Wifi
                  Rosle 24 inch charcoal kettle
                  Slow'nSear - my favourite
                  2 x Thermapens
                  2 x wireless thermometers
                  3 x wired thermometers
                  Favourite drink:
                  Scotch whiskey various brands
                  American Honey WT
                  And beer ....
                  And at work just plain old chilled water....

Another favourite:

Name:	DSC_0108.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	5.92 MB
ID:	289473
                I also have a T-shirt with "if you don't like bacon you're wrong!" Just can't find it right now.. Probably left it at work.
                Now you have to imagine my situation. Dandenong Victoria multicultural with a Muslim population .... My way having fun.. I love bacon and if they don't bad luck.. I love bacon and always will. And pork shoulder and belly and anything pork... Love it all,..
                ​​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pork fat rules.
                  -Emeril

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Space is limited to 400, secure your spot by booking early!
              Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
              See more
              See less
              Working...
              X
              Meat-Up in Memphis

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
              Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
              This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Placeholder

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These Are Some Of Our Favorite Tools And Toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use our links when you buy things

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

Placeholder

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

Placeholder

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

Placeholder

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

Placeholder

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Undisputed Champion!

Placeholder

The Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 is considered by the pros, and our team, to be the single best instant read thermometer. The MK4 includes features that are common on high-end instruments: automatic backlight and rotating display. Don't accept cheap substitutes.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

Placeholder

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5" x 29.5" footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.

Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Delta by Nuke,
              Stylish and Affordable
              Gaucho Grill

Placeholder

Delta by Nuke burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This Argentinian grill will get your flame on!

Genesis II E-335 
              A Versatile Gasser That Does It All!

Placeholder

Weber’s Genesis line has long been one of the most popular choices for gas grillers. The new Genesis II E-335 offers solid performance, a sear burner for sizzling heat and an excellent warranty.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

Placeholder

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily rmoved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

Placeholder

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

Placeholder

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

Placeholder

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Click here to read our detailed review

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

Placeholder

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here to read our complete review

Track Up To Six Temperatures At Once

Placeholder

FireBoard Drive 2 is an updated version of a well-received product that sets the standard for performance and functionality in the wireless food thermometer/thermostatic controller class.

Click here for our review of this unique device

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Placeholder

Napoleon's NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Placeholder

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order