Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Did It - I Bought a Yoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    Had mine almost 3 years. Love it. It’s gotten a workout since March. Last month I was cooking on it 4 nights/week and eating leftovers from it 3 nights!

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Jason Cross -
    We're about an hour from each other!
    I don't have the cooker yet.
    It should be delivered this week!
    Now I just need to figure out how to post pictures....

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Sweaty -
    How long have you had yours?

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    I love hearing you've had you Yoder a couple years and you still love it.
    As for leaving California; both my wife and I knew it was time to move. And it sure was a great reason to buy a Yoder!

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Great to know - that's for the detail.

And now I know a dang fine way to whip up a whole batcha Smoked toast - thanks Mr. Bones!

• jasoncross11
    replied
    Congrats on the move!! I live right outside Charlotte on the SC side in Fort Mill.

How have you liked the Yoder?

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Congratulations on the new smoker. I love my Yoder and suspect you’ll love yours too! Good luck on the move!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Well put, plus it's a dang dang fine way to whip up a whole batcha Smoked Toast, to go with yer meal of choice.

• STEbbq
    replied
    The point of the toast test is to tell where the hot spots are. I would aim for 350, lid closed, for 5 minutes on the grates and see what it looks like then. If you have enough info on the hot spots, you are done. If not, run it a bit longer.

Leave a comment:

• hogdog6
    replied
    I've had my Yoder for a couple years it's a great cooker. My son loved it so much he bought one for his family with the orange cart. You're going to love it.
    Congrats on getting out California and not taking it with you.
    Last edited by hogdog6; October 5, 2020, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raven Rock
    replied
    I'll be sure to write about my thoughts and impressions.
    I need to learn how to post pictures....

Here's a question - how would I go about performing a toast test ( temp, warm-up time before placing the bread on the grates, lid closed or...., duration...). I need details,...

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    @Ravenrock - thanks for the feedback. We’ll have to keep our eye NC.

• Tuckmonster
    replied
    Congrats! The Yoder is on my short list, very curious to hear your take on it. I couldn't find a lot of hands-on reviews on the new ACS controller so it will be very interesting to hear what you think about that. Enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• Raven Rock
    replied
    Are any of those that have replied going to the Memphis Meat Up next summer?

Leave a comment:

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Dan - we pull into town Oct 6
    Thanks for the welcome!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here