Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Did It - I Bought a Yoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a monster! Did you get the orange cart? When that rolls off the truck all your new neighbors will be watchin!

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - I got the orange cart. It was just too nice to pass up.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweeeet!

Great choice. If you like the youtube how to's and want ideas on recipes, check out "allthingsbbq" channel, Chef Tom does a great job and he cooks the vast majority of his recipes on a Yoder.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know AU
      I'll be sure to check that out

Congrats on selection of a great cooker, and welcome to the Pit from Rocket City USA. You will enjoy getting out of California and that high cost of living. Welcome to the South East!

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so looking forward to calling the south east home!
      We leave Tuesday the 29th.
      I've loved California for a long time but it hasn't loved me back so we're loadin' up the truck.
      And we'll be cookin' on a Yoder!

Congrats on the purchase they are great cookers. I have had mine for over 2 years and still love it. Being US made helped in my decision also.
    Post pics of the cooker and your cooks.
    Last edited by ofelles; September 22, 2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ofellas!
      Is good to hear you're still happy after a couple years.
      I need to learn how to post pictures but I'll be sure to!

Welcome to North Carolina. If you come to the Raleigh area. Stop at Grillbillies. They have everything and treat people right.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome and the tip, Pips. I'll be sure to look up Grillbillies.

Congrats on the new cooker. I think you are going to love NC - I spend a lot of time around Charlotte and Raleigh for my job, and I really like it up there.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Flowers - we're excited about the move and wishing we were already there...

I love mine. You might want to oil it up a bit outside. I got some paint issues but I dont much care how the outside looks. Mine is a workshorse and everything is replaceable in it.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Frac -
      When you say to oil it up, would rubbing a light coating of some lard or kitchen oil do the trick or.,..

Why the move to NC? Retirement/job relocation? Where in NC? My wife and I are a few years away from retirement and been eyeballing NC.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      We knew we didn't want to move to the typical places - Arizona (way too warm) or Texas/Florida (too humid and they have bugs I couldn't deal with).
      We didn't know anyone there - in fact we had never even been to North Carolina. Of course, Google is always watching and an ad popped up for a new community north of Charlotte near Lake Norman and we liked what we saw so we booked a flight in June 2019 to visit. We lived it. Mild weather (there's humidity but not the in your face kind)

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      We visited a few more times to see what the various weather and humidity may be and we were very comfortable. I was born in southern California and I realize that anyplace in the country will have some compromise when it comes to weather.
      On our last visit we decided to buy a house.
      I'll work remotely another 2 years then retire.
      The folks are so nice and gas is $1.85.
      And the protein of choice in North Carolina is pork - mine and my wife's favorite!

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      @Ravenrock - thanks for the feedback. We’ll have to keep our eye NC.

Investing up front to fit in with your fellows - smart move! You're going to love your smoking journey...

Welcome to the PIT from the Lou!

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Lou
      I didn't want to buy another smoker in a few years because I made a bad choice today.
      And it is impressive.......

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here.
    Trust me mate, these guys here know their stuff!!

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Study - thanks for the welcome

Congratulations on leaving California. Enjoy your new cooker, it's going to be more of a tank with the comp cart.

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      It does appear to be well built.....

Welcome to NC (when you get here)

Comment

• Raven Rock
      Raven Rock commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Dan - we pull into town Oct 6
      Thanks for the welcome!

Are any of those that have replied going to the Memphis Meat Up next summer?

Comment

Congrats! The Yoder is on my short list, very curious to hear your take on it. I couldn't find a lot of hands-on reviews on the new ACS controller so it will be very interesting to hear what you think about that. Enjoy it!

Comment

I'll be sure to write about my thoughts and impressions.
        I need to learn how to post pictures....

Here's a question - how would I go about performing a toast test ( temp, warm-up time before placing the bread on the grates, lid closed or...., duration...). I need details,...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here