Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Did It - I Bought a Yoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJMagneto
    replied
    Congratulations on leaving California. Enjoy your new cooker, it's going to be more of a tank with the comp cart.

Leave a comment:

• Stuey1515
    replied
    Welcome from Oz, you will like it here.
    Trust me mate, these guys here know their stuff!!

Leave a comment:

• JGo37
    replied
    Investing up front to fit in with your fellows - smart move! You're going to love your smoking journey...

Welcome to the PIT from the Lou!

Leave a comment:

• tiewunon
    commented on 's reply
    Raven Rock have a safe trip. I know this is about 70 mi from Albuquerque in Santa Fe but this place is worth seeing Lorreto Chapel. I went there kicking and screaming well at a minimum major power snivel but that staircase was amazing. Visited it when coming back from Warner Springs Ca driving a motorhome. Enjoy the regional Que along the way.

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Skip.
    I've had a Weber gaser for nearly 15 years.
    I have a lot to learn on the Yoder and I'm an enthusiastic student. So glad I found this great community at Amazing Ribs!

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Tie - I appreciate that.
    We have a well known national mover taking care of the stuff.
    We're shipping one car and making a leisurely drive from So Cal to the Charlotte area in our second car.
    Will be sure to stop in Albuquerque and have something with green chilies and we're also stopping in Memphis and Nashville.

• TripleB
    replied
    Why the move to NC? Retirement/job relocation? Where in NC? My wife and I are a few years away from retirement and been eyeballing NC.

Leave a comment:

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Manufacturer origin is definitely important to me and I'm willing to pay more to keep those jobs in America. And it's a dang nice piece of backyard equipment!

• Raven Rock
    commented on 's reply
    Indeed - their controller is now Fireboard.
    Here's a link - https://docs.fireboard.io/troubleshooting/yoder.html

• fracmeister
    replied
    I love mine. You might want to oil it up a bit outside. I got some paint issues but I dont much care how the outside looks. Mine is a workshorse and everything is replaceable in it.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Congrats on the new cooker. I think you are going to love NC - I spend a lot of time around Charlotte and Raleigh for my job, and I really like it up there.

Leave a comment:

• PipsBBQ
    replied
    Welcome to North Carolina. If you come to the Raleigh area. Stop at Grillbillies. They have everything and treat people right.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Congrats on the purchase they are great cookers. I have had mine for over 2 years and still love it. Being US made helped in my decision also.
    Post pics of the cooker and your cooks.
    Last edited by ofelles; September 22, 2020, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Congrats on selection of a great cooker, and welcome to the Pit from Rocket City USA. You will enjoy getting out of California and that high cost of living. Welcome to the South East!

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    Great choice. If you like the youtube how to's and want ideas on recipes, check out "allthingsbbq" channel, Chef Tom does a great job and he cooks the vast majority of his recipes on a Yoder.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here