Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y640S issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y640S issue

The last time I went out to fo a cook, I couldn't get the Yoder to light. I followed all the troubleshooting tips. No Joy.
    It appeared the igniter was malfunctioning. After checking all the connections and trying to get it to work numerous times, the best it could do was warm up to about 120 degrees. I finally broke down and started the fire with a torch. From that point on, it worked perfectly.
    So...I shot off an email to the place I bought it, not expecting a reply on a Sunday. Surprise, I got a return email about 15 minutes later. I thought you might like to see the reply.

First reply: "Ignitor is fine. You're the 4th person who's said this in as many days. Let it cycle down. Remember to unplug after a cook. Keep trying to restart it. The Fireboard may need to be restarted but sometimes it takes a few times for it to restart after this happens. Inconvenient, I know. I'm in the mountains for a couple of weeks but I'll send a message to Yoder."

Sincerely.....

My response: "I tried restarting 4 times with no luck. And I unplugged for 20 minutes or so between attempts.
    I will finish this cook, clean everything, and then try again on Tuesday.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Sorry to bother you."

And his reply: "You're fine. We'll get it figured out."

And that was just about 2 weeks ago. He returns from vacation Sunday. I am hoping to get some answers at that time.

Way to soon for the igniter to go out. They advertise how long the ceramic ones last. My experience of Yoder is that they're customer service is great. At least you have the manual work around in the mean time.
    Good luck

Comment

Did you contact Yoder directly? That's what I would do and not wait for your dealer.

Comment

Hopefully this gets resolved. Let us know what comes of it. And if we can be of any help to you.

Comment

Thats kinda sad, MAK has jumped through hoops for me even when I didn't want them to. Posted on the (user, not their buisiness) FB page about using a generator to bypass my GFCI ideas and out of nowhere they try to send me a replacement ignitor. I'm on the fence whether my electrical needs troubleshot at the house by an electrician or if it's my Ignitor (roughly 6 months old), I replaced my GFCI and the outlet where my grill plugs in and was still having troubles, needed help with another part and they sent a brand new ignitor along for the ride...

I saw lots of similar stories to mine about Yoder customer service being above and beyond before I bought my MAK. I wonder if they are short staffed due to COVID and overwhelmed. Yours is not the normal story I have seen when it comes to Yoder issues.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

The good thing is with almost all these pellet grills, if the ignitor does fail you can still light manually.

Comment

Just checking to hear the latest status......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here