Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Louis in Orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. Louis in Orlando

First ribs on the Yoder. I used Meathead's Rib Dust as he specified. 2 hours prior to the rub, I ground a little sea salt over the racks, and added a little smoked alder sea salt.

The flavor was amazing. I used homemade bbq sauce on 1 1/2 racks (you can see the onion in the bbq sauce). I put it on during the final 15 minutes of the 255 degree cook.
    Nobody (me included) could decide if we liked the ribs better with or without the thin coat of sauce. I am siding with the "Rub only" version.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Big Easy; June 29, 2020, 10:52 AM.

Fine Job, there, amigo!
    Yoder makes some damfine cookers; they's located only a tetch over a hunnert miles from where I hang my hat, at present...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 28, 2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Great looking food. Glad that Yoder is meeting your expectations. I know mine does.

Comment

• Big Easy
        Big Easy commented
        Editing a comment
        Expectations have been met and exceeded. That's a rarity these days.

Those look pretty good. Enjoy your new Yoder.

Comment

I'd eat those!

Comment

• Big Easy
          Big Easy commented
          Editing a comment
          Too late. :-)

Nice, nice and nice!

Comment

Them taters look good too!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here