Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My YS640S has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great lookin cook! You'll love that new pit for many years to come.

Comment

Very nicely done, looks tasty as all git out!

Comment

Looks great, really impressed by the amount of smoke at your 2 hour pic. Hope you enjoy that piece of meat.

Comment

Congrats on the pit and your first cook!

The 640 is a great pellet grill and it makes life mighty easy. Yoder really hit a homerun by integrating FireBoard into their control system. It puts this pit in a different league as compared to their competition. Made in the USA on top of all that.

Comment

Looks yummy. Did it seem that the smoke tube helped?

Comment

• Big Easy
              Big Easy commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it did. It about tripled the amount of smoke from the Yoder alone.

My 480 cooks about 25 degrees hotter on the bottom right than the set temp and about 20 cooler on the top shelf.

Comment

• Big Easy
              Big Easy commented
              Editing a comment
              The bottom right is definitely the hot spot, and top left the coolest.

looks amazing!!

Comment

Congrats on the new rig! And the first cook!

Comment

I ordered one today. Can’t wait until it gets here.

Comment

• Big Easy
                  Big Easy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If my limited experience is any kind of guide, you will be beyond happy.
                  I would seriously consider adding one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Raven Rock
                  Raven Rock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Swartz -
                  Has that new Yoder arrived yet? Do tell.....

• swartzster
                  swartzster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Raven....I love it mostly. Well built, cook and smoke quality is good, and the Fireboard is awesome. I’m not sure if it’s just mine, or a Yoder thing, but it doesn’t hold the state temp well at all. On a 220 degree cook it’ll fluctuate 40 degrees. On a 500 degree steak cook it got up over 600. I don’t think that’s right. What’s been your experience?

I'm late to the party - hoping for some leftovers.
                How did you serve that wonderful hunk of pork - tacos or sandwiches or...

That looks great. My YS640s arrives in about 3 weeks. I'm lookin forward to learning all about how she works and cooks!

Comment

Mine runs pretty stable. Only fluctuations are when I open the lid.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Go KC!
                    Ooorrraaahhh!!!

• swartzster
                    swartzster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What brand of pellets are you using?

• tedsalt
                    tedsalt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm using Lumberjack pellets

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here