Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YS640S with new FireBoard enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YS640S with new FireBoard enhancements

As you likely know, FireBoard data logging is integrated into the controller on the YS640S. This combination has performed flawlessly for me over the past 6 months since I bought the pit.

And now FireBoard has updated their system allowing you to capture notes and photos along the timeline of the cook. This is then preserved in the data log stored in your cloud based FireBoard account. I tried out these new FireBoard upgrades on my YS640s this week.

I pulled up my data this morning and took the following screen snippets to show you the record of the cook and what the FireBoard does on the Yoder now. BTW, the FireBoard captures the data the same way as it does on my FireBoard that I use on my other pits. It also allows you to share live the cook as you are going along.

I am more than happy with FireBoard on the Yoder, it is simply awesome.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FireBoard 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	833973

Click image for larger version  Name:	FireBoard 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	833975

Click image for larger version  Name:	FireBoard 3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	833976

Click image for larger version  Name:	FireBoard 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	833974
    Last edited by Alphonse; April 18, 2020, 08:14 AM.

Fantastic, having that FireBoard built in is awesome sauce for sure . Good lookin ribs too, I like the seasoning and color

Comment

Awesome cook! Really like how Yoder has improved an already fantastic pit. Hope to add a YS640S to my collection soon.

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        I had studied pellet grills but when I finally was able to see the latest generation of a Yoder in a dealer, I was sold based on build quality.

It is carbon steel and will rust but it is built solidly and the welding is top shelf. I can imagine I will touch-up paint mine yearly but I do keep it out of the weather. It is pricey but the performance of the grill is outstanding with their control algorithm and coupled with FireBoard data logging makes it one of my favorite pits in my stable.

Wow. Nice to have that all integrated. Meat looks fantastic. Made me hungry.

Comment

The original post and all of the comments are great info.
        My wife and I just made the move to North Carolina (been here a whole 2 weeks now!).
        I have a 640s being delivered next week - looking forward to that day.....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here