Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle For the YS640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle For the YS640

Has anyone gotten the griddle for the YS640? I've seen the videos, just wanted to get some first hand reviews on it.

I have a Yoder and I must admit that I didn't know there was a griddle for it. Is this it?

What would you use it for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	804836

Comment

• Byrang
      Byrang commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the one, I saw it on All Things BBQ web page, they showed a demo of it. Just didn't know if it was worth it.

I don't have the griddle but with the grill grates I sometimes set my cast iron pan or griddle on top of them and it work great. I'm sure the griddle would be pretty much the same.

Comment

• Byrang
      Byrang commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the video on All Things BBQ was pretty generic, just thought I'd get a popular consensus on it.

I use a cast iron skillet on mine. I also have a Lodge griddle but I don't use it too often.

Comment

Rarely use my Yoder for high temp. Twice I have done a reverse sera on some rib eyes and once I seared a prime rib roast. I keep it at 350 or below and use my grill or a cast iron skillet.

Comment

When I bought my YS-640 I bought the griddle thinking I'd use it a lot. I've used it twice. What I got (because I bought it so long ago) was a Weber griddle. Flat on one side and raised on the other. I've used the flat side twice to do smash burgers or cook bacon while doing pseudo "reverse sear" burgers concomitantly when I've wanted bacon fat to sauté onions or something. It's nice because it's big, however, not necessary by any standard although I've enjoyed using it and I am fortunate to have storage space. I don't routinely use it for reverse searing. I do reverse sear steaks frequently on the Yoder, however, I use the flat side of grill grates to get more Maillard reaction surface.

Hope this helps.

Sweaty Paul

Comment

• Byrang
          Byrang commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I’ve been doing the same with my grill grates, but I’m a sucker for all the accessories, thanks for putting it all in perspective though!

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m a sucker for gadgets too and when I bought the YS-640 i went to All Things BBQ to pick it up and figured what was $60 more bucks. Since I bought the grill and a half pallet of pellets! 😃

I'm a sucker for the gadgets too. My 640s arrives next week - with a griddle!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here