Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FireBoard controlled Yoder YS640s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    No, I do it on a laptop in my shop adjacent to the patio where I cook. It is possible to use your phone but I prefer a decent keyboard for such tasks.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I never thought of watching other folks’ cooks.

Alphonse

• STEbbq
    replied
    Are y’all typing these FB notes on your phone??

Leave a comment:

• DukeSilver3786
    replied
    Does anyone here know how to make the green line on the graph show up for the auger? Mine disappeared on me when I turned it on this. The wifi signal is bad so could that be the reason?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Raven Rock
    replied
    I am new to pellet grills and to smoking. Had a Weber Summit for 12 years. The auger detail is good to know. I have a 640s arriving next week and would have wondered why the auger is always moving.
    Any other details like this would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• jerrybell
    commented on 's reply
    It does answer my question. Thanks for the additional information. I'm curious about my pellet cooker now (Cabela's). I can hear the auger doing what I thought was a start and stop throughout the cook but maybe what I'm hearing is a switch between a high and low auger speed.

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    So you are both Yoder fans. My youngest son has a Yoder YS640s as well. We ordered two at the same time for a volume discount! We watch one anothers cooks from two hundred miles away.

• Alphonse
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrybell View Post
    Alphonse - good looking brisket. Is the auger value shown on the graph indicating a rotational speed? I'm used to the auger just running intermittently, but I don't have the same equipment.
    Jerry, Yes, the green is the auger speed as a percentage. The auger is variable speed but I don't believe it is ever intermittent. That would risk losing your flame. It can slow to a crawl but never stops as long as you are running a cook.

Here is a shared screen from the subject cook. This is what you would have received if I had shared the cook with you. It is showing the same data as the chart I posted above but you see the percentage auger speed in this cut. The right hand vertical scale is the drive percentage. You see that in this cook the auger ran 15 to 17 percent and peaked one time at 22 percent after I had the door open checking briskets temps with the Thermapen.

BTW, if you were using a FireBoard on a pit with a combustion air fan, you will see the fan operate in an intermittent and variable speed mode depending on need for combustion air.

Hope this answers your question.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FireBoard shared view.JPG
Views:	2095
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	799531

Leave a comment:

• hogdog6
    replied
    Yoder pellet cookers are tanks for sure. Mine is also pre FireBoard controller and if it fails I too will do the FireBoard upgrade. My sons Yoder has the FireBoard controller and it is amazing.
    Great looking cook!

Leave a comment:

• jerrybell
    replied
    Alphonse - good looking brisket. Is the auger value shown on the graph indicating a rotational speed? I'm used to the auger just running intermittently, but I don't have the same equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Nicely done for sure.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Lookin' real good.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Nice work! Looks great! Those are great rigs, my brother in law just picked one up the other day. He loves it.

Leave a comment:

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    I would also add, that you see when I open the pit to look and use Thermapen. The FireBoard on the Yoder is really a fantastic tool.

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    If you look into the Notes from my FireBoard log, I dumped a bucket of pellet remnants that caused that. Here's the excerpt:
    LEARNINGS:
    * The add of a bucket of remnant mix of various Lumber Jack pellets scrambled the PID's adaptive data. The influence can be seen at 12:30 pm. No foul, but an interesting display of a PID adaptive controller at work.
    * Anomaly seen in internal temp probe reading toward end - hot vapor channeling around probe between flat and point. Moved probe.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here