Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FireBoard controlled Yoder YS640s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ofelles
    replied
    Nice brisket and cooker. I have the pre fireboard YS640 and am very happy. If the controller goes bad I will upgrade. I have the fireboard extreme and fan coming and will be using it on the cabinet once I get it.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    That's a good looking piece of brisket, that says it all !! Yep the Fireboard is a fantastic device, used mine with my fan on a 26" Weber kettle to do my Super Bowl cook without any issues. Little surprised your temp graph varied as much as it did, usually in pellets it's pretty flat. Regardless the outcome says it all, great job !!

Leave a comment:

• Alphonse
    started a topic The FireBoard controlled Yoder YS640s!

The FireBoard controlled Yoder YS640s!

The FireBoard PID/adaptive controller on the Yoder YS640s is awesome. The Yoder build quality and the FireBoard PID is why I decided to buy this grill about 3 months ago.

I love the ability to save my cooks on the cloud and also share them live with my buds while the cook is underway.

Here is a brisket cooked yesterday for Super Bowl Sunday. The FireBoard let me document and save the data log of my cook. I am looking forward to FireBoard allowing you to save photos as part of the record as well. I believe they are working on that.

BTW, I have a separate FireBoard PID and fan setup for my other pits.

Here's a screenshot of my FireBoard record of my brisket cook yesterday for the Super Bowl crowd at my house:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FireBoard Log.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	799290

To prove that a brisket actually came off the grill, here are some photos!

Early in the cook:

Click image for larger version  Name:	early on, 6 inch Amazn smoker doing its job.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	799283

At the stall and about to pull, wrap and put back to finish:

Click image for larger version  Name:	about to wrap.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	799281

On the board after a two hour rest in the cooler:

Click image for larger version  Name:	on the board.jpg Views:	3 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	799280

A small teaser slice from the point which my daughter-in-law snagged and ate as soon as I lowered the camera!

Click image for larger version  Name:	small piece of point on the blade.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	799282

Yeap, I love my Yoder and FireBoard. So does my family!
    Last edited by Alphonse; February 3, 2020, 01:08 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis