Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roast on a Yoder YS640s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast on a Yoder YS640s

I have had my new Yoder YS640s long enough to run several cooks across it, learn how to operate the beast, and develop huge respect for it! I really like the high quality build, the built in FireBoard PID controller, and the performance of the grill.

My wife decided that I should cook the Christmas roast on it vs. the other options I have.

Here are some photos of the rib roast and the FireBoard log of the cook. And yeap, it tasted as good as it looked. My crowd loved it.

Starting out:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	at start.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	783648

One hour into the cook:

Name:	1 hour into cook S.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	783650

Finishing by searing the roast.

Name:	finishing sear.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	783649

The FireBoard summary of the cook:

Name:	FireBoard record.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	783647

Alphonse It's a Beut! Gotta love a Yoder!

Comment

Great lookin' roast.

Comment

Really good looking cook. Having the removable door over the firebox is a great option to have. Wish it was standard.

Comment

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you. When I had to pay extra for it as an option, I thought it was a bit over the top. Why not just make it standard? I think it makes more sense to simply raise the base price a bit to cover the incremental cost. I think this roast reverse sear is evidence that an experienced buyer would see it as a necessity.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here