Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoder issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoder issue

My 6 yr old Yoder continues to perform well. No complaints. The only issue I've had is that the surface of the body easily rusts. The company will provide a can of paint in response. It's only on the surface and the steel is so thick, it's purely cosmetic. But recently I noticed that the product label located on the center of the cover was also deteriorating with the logo and branding info peeling off. I contacted the company and they said they could replace it for about $14.. It's riveted in place so it would requiring drilling out and buying a riveter. Decided to pass, considering the hassle. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1421.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1172812

The issue I see is the sticker and the plate weren't exactly made for each other. Rust, to me, is just something letting you know the world is still turning round.

Comment

I’d make sure I have the serial number and manufacture date recorded somewhere in case you need it after the label is gone.

Comment

Hmmm, you would think their own name plate would be important "for them", since it’s showcasing their brand & name. Tell em you will accept one free fer advertising their product on their product.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Like that will happen. LOL.
          FireMan You think Big, it is worth a try.

• BBQPhil
          BBQPhil commented
          Editing a comment
          I sort of implied that, saying I'd think you'd want the nameplate to be the last part to fail. Their response was $9 plus $5 for shipping

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here