Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoder YS1500s orange competition cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoder YS1500s orange competition cart

Been waiting 4 months for my new cooker 😀 🙏. Currently on back order from Sam’s Northwest BBQ. Any advice from current owners before I pick this bad boy up?

Follow the directions. Helpful, I am.
    be sure to post pics.

Comment

When are you expecting to pick it up!

Not sure what you are cooking on now or what experience you have with pellet cookers. So I'll wait to offer advice until I know better what you are asking for.

Comment

• Rfhd69
        Rfhd69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure when it’s going to arrive. Was supposed to be on truck #8 and only 20+ YS640’s arrived (not the 5 YS1500’s). He has trucks scheduled for the next few months so hopefully it’ll be on one of them. 😀

Don't expect stickburner or even charcoal taste is my biggest piece of advice. But man are they handy and do they offer a whole new slew of cooking options for things you might not want a really thick smoke flavor on, like lasagna, pies, veggies, burgers, nachos, fish, etc.

Comment

Congratulations, that is one heck of a smoker. One thing I did on my 640 when I got it was the white bread toast test and that helped me visualize all the temperature variations on the grates.

Comment

• Rfhd69
          Rfhd69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I’ve never heard that before and will try it when it gets here

• jlazar
          jlazar commented
          Editing a comment
          Great recommendation. Just be sure to the test on the upper shelf also. I found the hotest areas were lower left (by the burn pot) and upper right (by the chimney exit). I set my damper out about 6-7 inches (and just left it there) and got fairly even temps. If in doubt, I flipped end
          to end during the cook. Always put the thickest piece facing the hot end. Others may be able to give you their advice on setting the damper and placing meat.
          Last edited by jlazar; August 2, 2021, 02:53 PM.

• Rfhd69
          Rfhd69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Finally arrived! Got her cleaned up and did the initial burn off. Looking forward to cooking on this thing
        Attached Files

Comment

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          She's a Beaut!

Congratulations on a beautiful, and great, smoker.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Wow. What a beast. I’m sure you will find it to be worth the wait. Now get smokin’! Congrats

Comment

• Rfhd69
              Rfhd69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!

What a beautiful beast! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of pellet cooking

Comment

Wow! Get cooking!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here