Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be wrong to return the SmokeFire? Soliciting Pit input on this decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever you decide, I’m sure you’ll MAKe the right decision 👍🏼

Comment

I'm a good customer, calm, an reasonable, alla those things customer service reps LOVE, when they haveta deal with a customer...

That bein said, I would return it, if it was mine.

You do You, an I hope fer a beneficial resolution!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 3, 2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Return it.

Comment

Never buy the first iteration of a new techie toy, be it a car or a grill with all the the whiz-bang toy's built in. The best quality control unfortunately comes at the expense with early adopters.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Quite honestly, the SmokeFire is a good grill and hardware wise is fine, minus some adjustments they could make to make it better in cold and wind. If it wasn’t my primary meal provider for my family I wouldn’t be so frustrated. When they get the software all ironed out and aren’t making major behavior changes every month or two, I think a lot more people will like it. I just need to be able to know exactly what it’s going to do instead of guess each time.

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc It's not a universal constant. Companies like Weber have a well deserved reputation for putting out excellent products. Sadly, they missed the mark on the SmokeFire. I wouldn't call the the WSCGC a techie toy. No electronics, motors, etc.

I am planning on buying a SmokeFire on day. I'm glad I waited.

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too, Bkhuna .

Kathryn

Send it back. While they tried to do a reset - calling it version 2 and deleting their early reviews, the complaints continue on Amazon and other sites. This purchase should delight, not aggravate. From all the YouTubes and reviews, I think they still have an unstable product.

Comment

Well, wish me luck. I called Weber and they kept wanting to troubleshoot the grill and I had to keep explaining that it is the constant changes and inconsistencies that have me frustrated. The software issues and releases changing things so much and frequently. Many cooks the grill works fine, but I need it to almost always work fine (I understand a part may fail occasionally though). I finally got her to understand that and she has to request manager approval, so waiting.

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              I would ask to speak to the CEO, he will understand your frustration and have the authority to refund.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              This is pretty much what I got when I had corrosion issues on a kettle.
              Next day I got an e mail with a full replacement.

However & whatever may happen, that was not the response that should be expected, "I have to check with my boss". So much for standing behind their product. Yes they will, maybe. It is unfortunate of your treatment, cuz you have tried to be so nice about it, overly nice. Hope things work out for you.

Comment

This statement alone will keep me away from cookers that require that. "not to trust it and fear every software/firmware update" return it!

Comment

A Yoder 640 is the only pellet grill I would have. I was excited about the smoke fire and had the pre order in and then the reviews came out. Glad I cancelled that noise. If it were me I would definitely go another direction.

Comment

• BBQPhil
                  BBQPhil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a Yoder 480 and that's the best alternative to the 640

If you need another reason to return it, cite these one star reviews on Amazon. Each one is long and full of details about all of the problems they encountered.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In my book, all we need is glitchy ‘s review.

Well, I just got off the phone with the CSR from Weber I talked to yesterday, I was expecting more hassle from them about retuning the grill after the conversation we had yesterday, but they stood behind their Satisfaction Guarantee they made on this grill in June and are talking it back no additional hassle needed as well as the accessories that I purchased for it directly from them. Maybe their service and support is over some of the hiccups they were having when this pandemic first started.

Comment

• zinfella
                  zinfella commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Packaging all of that stuff up for return shipping sounds non-trivial to me.

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t have to do anything for the grill itself other than remove the accessories to ship separately. A shipping company will come pick up the assembled grill and return it to Weber. I have to ship back the accessories via FedEx.

• zinfella
                  zinfella commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, they took the sting out of returning your SF. so that's a good thing.

They’re back baby!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here