Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be wrong to return the SmokeFire? Soliciting Pit input on this decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Alright, I literally LOL’d. at that. If I were to do a SmokeDaddy pooper, the vertical would likely be what I’d chose. I’m not ready to give up pellets yet, especially with probably $300+ worth of fuel sitting in the garage, but I think I’m going to take another shot at a ‘forever’ pellet grill this time. If it disappoints, I’m going to have a gasser and my WSCG and be done...though I have no expectations of any disappointment this time. The biggest question is how many stars do I need.

• willxfmr
    replied
    I think FireMan is right. You already know the answer, but you're letting emotion cloud the issue. This is really just a true/false question. Weber offered to make things right if you're not satisfied, so the obligation is on them to make you satisfied. Not on you to be happy with what they have provided.

If you happen to be looking for a suggestion on your next pooper, I suggest a Smoke Daddy cabinet. I know nothing about them besides what their sales pitch offers, but who amongst us is more qualified to put one through its paces. I'd really like to know if I should buy one, and it's a lot cheaper for me to have you buy it and do all the testing.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    What is taking you so long? I watched Harry Soo explain a grease fire is only a flare-up. Now he uses aluminum pans under the grill grates to catch the droppings. Call them flare-ups or grease fires, don't care I don't want either.
    Just my take.
    Happy grilling to you.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskeyman53
    replied
    I think it's time for Weber to be held accountable for THEIR technology that has failed to satisfy a consumer. Hold them to their satisfaction policy. They hope that the customer will decide to not hold them to their word by making it difficult through customer service or by fixes that don't solve issues. Bottom line is that it's your money and their product that is not worked as expected according to their sales promise.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    Return it, no question. I returned my Traeger after almost a year. There are so many really good pellet grills out now, there is no point in putting up with something that is substandard and you can't trust. Especially at that price point! Besides, Weber needs to get the message.

Leave a comment:

• Clark
    replied
    If you don't like it now, you will learn to despise it later. Then you will beat yourself up for not returning it.

They made the guarantee so send it back now. You'll feel better having that off your mind.
    Then you will be able to sleep instead of waking up at 3:00 a.m. thinking about a bad product that you are stuck with.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I have the EX4. If you really wanted one I will make you a heck of a deal on a package ;-) I’ve been reading the next update is in beta and beta testers say a lot of issues are fixed, but that’s a small group and it seems you’re always waiting for the next release and when you finally get it, it fixes things but makes something else quirky. I’m just tired of relearning it over and over. Someday it will probably be an awesome grill, today it’s a good grill when it’s in a good mood.

• Troutman
    replied
    I can't believe there is still this kind of chatter about the SmokeFire. I own 5 Weber products and NEVER had problems with any of them (other than upgrades to improve performance). What a shame. Like others my pellet grill has worked flawlessly for the past 3.5 years with plus or minus 10 degrees of accuracy. Get something that is proven and get yourself satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    Heck no you are not wrong.. if it doesn't work the way it should and they can't fix it I would return it. I finally saw the local hardware store had one and was about to ask to see if the bugs had been worked out. I guess this post answered all the questions I was going to ask. Guess you saved me some cash.. what model do you have I could go look in your thread but I am to lazy. I really want one but am going to wait til they get this figured out.

Leave a comment:

• Blues1
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. I was eagerly waiting the Smoke Fire too. Then all the issues were manifesting themselves. Readjusted my thinking and bought something else. I am so glad I did! Convenience with confidence!

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    LOL you two. Maybe what I need is a GoFundMe page where the Pit members can fund and choose the next grill I document experiences with for six-9 months at a time.

I actually already have my eyes locked pretty firmly on the next prize as I've been analyzing the options since the weather cooled and the last couple updates hit the SmokeFire...and if I buy it and it doesn't stick around several years, I'm a dead man.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    Obviously you're not happy, and it's unfortunate. I honestly was rooting hard for Weber to kill it on their first foray into the pellet market. I think quality competition is healthy for ALL pellet owners, and the added bonus of popularity will eventually benefit all pellet owners in the form of variety and availability of pellets as well as lower prices. I'd try your hand at holding Weber accountable, I do still hold out hope for a completely redesigned highly successful smokefire in the near future though.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    glitchy but you buy 1 you get 1 free, so then we could have 2 z-docs...

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, now a glitchy thread on the OG Grilla would be awesome.

While they are being very coy about what exactly the WiFi includes, it does seem like a very robust (e.g. more than just temp monitoring) package. We will see though.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here