Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be wrong to return the SmokeFire? Soliciting Pit input on this decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc It's not a universal constant. Companies like Weber have a well deserved reputation for putting out excellent products. Sadly, they missed the mark on the SmokeFire. I wouldn't call the the WSCGC a techie toy. No electronics, motors, etc.

I am planning on buying a SmokeFire on day. I'm glad I waited.

• BBQPhil
    replied
    Send it back. While they tried to do a reset - calling it version 2 and deleting their early reviews, the complaints continue on Amazon and other sites. This purchase should delight, not aggravate. From all the YouTubes and reviews, I think they still have an unstable product.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Quite honestly, the SmokeFire is a good grill and hardware wise is fine, minus some adjustments they could make to make it better in cold and wind. If it wasn’t my primary meal provider for my family I wouldn’t be so frustrated. When they get the software all ironed out and aren’t making major behavior changes every month or two, I think a lot more people will like it. I just need to be able to know exactly what it’s going to do instead of guess each time.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    One possible exception: the WSCGC that I bought shortly after it was introduced. That thing is a tank, and an excellent cooker. No issues with it. The newer models are not as well-made, so I'm glad I was one of the early-adopters.

Kathryn

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Never buy the first iteration of a new techie toy, be it a car or a grill with all the the whiz-bang toy's built in. The best quality control unfortunately comes at the expense with early adopters.

Leave a comment:

• swartzster
    replied
    Return it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I'm a good customer, calm, an reasonable, alla those things customer service reps LOVE, when they haveta deal with a customer...

That bein said, I would return it, if it was mine.

You do You, an I hope fer a beneficial resolution!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 3, 2021, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rwalters
    replied
    What ever you decide, I’m sure you’ll MAKe the right decision 👍🏼

Leave a comment:

• rwalters
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like the MAK family might gain a new member... 🤔

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    " If it disappoints, I’m going to have a gasser and my WSCG and be done"

Sure, sure. Until next time.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I plan to call this week sometime, depending on the response I get from the call I might take you up on that.

• kenrobin
    replied
    Weber's willingness to provide early adopters of the original Summit Kamado E6 grills with fully assembled replacements leads me to believe that they would probably take your SmokeFire back. Feel free to message me if you would like the contact info for their VP of Customer Experience Quality who is setting up my replacement. He's very responsive and reasonable to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    Kind of sounds like my wife!!😃😃 The one they have in town is the ex6 not sure what improvements they have made.. just kind of hesitant about it

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    I have to agree on that Smoke Daddy cabinet. Impressive cooker.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    No kidding...I would have if they sold it. I wanted to love it, but questioned my own sanity from the start of round two.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here