Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grill day! Weber SmokeFire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grill day! Weber SmokeFire!

Just purchase this from a guy on Facebook. Said he won it and didn’t need it. $500. It’s gen 1, but I can get parts from weber to make gen 2. Pretty excited, and seems like I got a deal. He delivered it to me and hadn’t even turned it on! Nice!
    Attached Files

What a steal. Congrats. Now get cooking! 👍😁

Comment

Sweet deal! Congratulations!

Comment

Nice price. Looks new and unused.

Comment

• Mark-B
          Mark-B commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, never used and everything’s there, even 2 bags of Weber pellets and the probe. Just have to decide what the first cook will be.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Harry Soo Pit Master on youtube uses drip pans on each side of the firebox. Helps with clean-up and reduces the chances of grease fires.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; December 19, 2020, 11:19 PM.

Great Deal! Have a good time with it.

Comment

Great deal! Congrats.

Comment

Great score. Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome deal.

Comment

You did well, look forward to the review/pics of your cooks.

Comment

• Mark-B
                  Mark-B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward to this as well. I’ve always debated a pellet grill as the set and forget is enticing. At this price it was a no brainer for me to try it out.

Nice pull!

Comment

Super cool!

Comment

It will take some time to update the system, so be patient. I also use drip pans for long, greasy cooks with SmokeFire, just as I use foil on conventional pellet smoker drip trays to reduce clean up. Plus, as long as you have a drip pan in there, fill it with boiling water. The extra humidity doesn't hurt. I think you'll find the smoke flavor is exceptional and grilling at high temps on SmokeFire is a real pleasure. $500 for new never used? Time for me to call the cops and report this theft. Happy Holidays!

Comment

• Mark-B
                      Mark-B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hah! Yeah, feeling pretty lucky as I never land deals like that. He even delivered the thing to me! I’m am pretty excited bout this one. Also, thx in advance for the tips! The software update was successful with no problems. I’m ready to burn her in tomorrow and then decide what the first cook will be. I’m thinking spare ribs.

Lucky you! Congrats!

Comment

Great Score and great advice from Max. I think most cooks wouldn’t cause a grease fire, but the mess many LnS cooks leave behind is a pain to clean when the ash and grease mix (tried without pans on my first (EX4). The Weber Wet Smoke kits are worth it in my opinion, pretty cheap way to stabilize pans under the main grate. You can fit 2 in the EX4. When I’m through most of the large pack of foil pans I bought I have 2 stainless 9x13 pans to try so I’m not tossing a foil pan or two every LnS cook.

Comment

• Mark-B
                        Mark-B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’ve been looking at those kits and glad to hear they are worth it. I’ll be getting those too. I want to keep the grill as clean as possible, but I’ll prob stick with the foil pans. I’m lazy, and one less thing to clean!

Have you done any high temp cooks yet, I.e. steaks, etc? What’s your experience?

• glitchy
                        glitchy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mark-B All kinds of them, several documented here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...okefire-redeux

Great find! Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here