Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to eliminate bad reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to eliminate bad reviews

New update from Weber CEO:

UPDATE FROM OUR CEO

..... Weber is committed to providing its customers with the best possible grilling experience. Following your valued feedback, we have made several software, firmware, and hardware performance improvements to the SmokeFire EX4/EX6. To reflect these improvements, Weber is relaunching the review section of the SmokeFire website and we invite you to share your SmokeFire grilling stories below.

(https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/w...kefire-series/)

Perhaps not working out so well. There's a bunch of new 1 star reviews recently posted.

Sigh. Foot, meet bullet.

Look I get the assertion that the current revision isn't the original that was being reviewed months ago but then a) you have to ensure that anyone ordering now gets the current revision (@glitchy didn't) and b) you don't nuke the old reviews.

Comment

Kind of a gutsy move. Risky too. Sweep away all the bad reviews and start over. Could really kill the product if the one stars continue. If I was a current owner, which I am not, I would just repost my previous bad review. Good luck to Weber.

Comment

That is correct that I ordered one during the fourth of July sale directly from Weber and got the old auger assembly. I’m very frustrated by that. However, I have been using it multiple time per week and keep grease out of the bottom and have been problem free so far and extremely happy with the grill. I also finally got my regulator for my WSCG and a replacement lid for the SmokeFire that came chipped after waiting over a month. I’m frustrated with their support right now, but am planning on keeping the grill.

I don’t know what to think about old reviews being removed since all but two physical parts are still the same. As well, many of us cannot even get those parts, so it’s kinda shooting yourself in the foot. I read the new reviews and love the one saying they’ve had a SmokeFire for a year when it has only been out for 6 months. If they’ve had it for a year, shame on them for being a beta tester and posting a bad review.

Comment

Not up to their reputation...

Comment

I had to read the title twice. It's reviews, not reviewers.

Comment

• BBQPhil
              BBQPhil commented
              Editing a comment
              Reviewers are next

Perhaps update the once popular bumper sticker to 'ELIMINATION HAPPENS'...maybe with a silhouette of a SmokeFire grill.

Comment

Maybe Masterbuilt has aspirations to be just like Weber. Just sayin...

Comment

This won’t go over well imo

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here