Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber CEO's Letter on Smokefire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I think that the folks who know the difference between a grease fire and a flare up are just not their demographic.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahahahaha. Love the cabin fever and popcorn

• TheQuietOne
    replied
    How hard would it have been to write "We've heard your concerns and we're investigating." Deny, deny, deny works only for so long. Ask Boeing's (former) CEO. Once a company has flushed its reputation it's awfully hard to get it back.
    Last edited by TheQuietOne; March 28, 2020, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rod
    replied
    I've had 2 other pellet cookers and never came close to a "flare up" ever. It's almost as if they don't consider it a grease fire unless the whole cooker, your house and the neighborhood goes up in flames. Anything short of that, it's just a flare up. I agree, just fess up to some design errors and fix them accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• MTurney
    replied
    I haven’t kept up as closely as some, but the noise around these grease fires is impossible to ignore. There seems to be a legitimate problem here and telling frustrated customers that they don’t know the difference between a grease fire and a flare up is probably not the best coarse of action at this point. But since I’m getting cabin fever....I’m here for the drama 🍿

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I have no skin in this game, and no interest in ever owning a pellet cooker. But I'm not sure what this guy is hoping to accomplish by making such comments. It's for sure not worth harming Weber's longstanding good reputation. That's the part that bugs me about this situation.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blues1
    replied
    They really flopped on this roll out. I was one of the "intently waiting" for production. Almost pre ordered, but decided to wait. Boy am I glad I did. Not putting them down, but surely, it could have been better. They've lost many sales and the mods they are sending out wouldn't satisfy me at all. Disappointing...

Still love their gassers though
    Last edited by Blues1; March 27, 2020, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I would think that serious BBQ folks would recognize the difference between a grease fire and a flareup, so if some of them like Baby Back Maniac reported seeing grease fires on the first use, Weber would do well to investigate the grease drainage design a little more closely.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• willsands
    replied
    If Weber were to "man up" and admit that they have made serious mistakes in the design of the SmokeFire, they would take a step toward recapturing my respect for the Weber company. Until then, every new BS filled SmokeFire denial lessens my prospect for buying any of their products. Their attempts to deny the problems and browbeat their former loyal supporters, like Justin (Babyback Maniac) only serves to lower my prior esteem for the Weber brand.
    Their new business philosophy seems to be:
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    So, anybody who says they had a grease fire in the SmokeFire doesn't know what they're talking about?

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    started a topic Weber CEO's Letter on Smokefire

Weber CEO's Letter on Smokefire

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here