Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Smoke Fire Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hopper issue is better but when feeding The hopper pellets fall between the opening and the hopper itself. They spill onto the ground causing waste.

I bought 2 ambient probes to see which side is hotter. Right side of grill is hotter. It is damn hot!!! Love the smoker. Weber will fix the issues.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Since you have the probes in and if you don’t mind checking, what does the left and right side read when running 325 and 225?
      I’ve been loving smoked cherry tomatoes but uneven temps makes it hard to d many at a time.

• BDCarp04
      BDCarp04 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also curious as to when you took the temps. I've found that mine varies quite a bit as it's getting up to temp but tends to even out after getting there and having a bit of time to settle. Though, I'd expect the higher up you go the worse it's going to get because the fan is going to be constantly running to keep the fire stoked up.

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Minneapolis, MN. The Twins city but a Cubs shirt. What's the story?

It's been awhile since my last post regarding the SmokeFire. I have bad news to report. Christmas Eve I went to fire it up to smoke the Pastrami in the big guys recipe book (Meathead if you didn't know who I was talking about) and the SF wouldn't fire over 40 degrees. Throughout the journey I have had to make repairs, adjust this and that and finally that did it. I was able to get Weber to have it returned.

This is not what I wanted when I pre-ordered this product. I wanted it to be successful and the best pellet smoker out there. But it didn't. As far as the Pastrami, do not fear. I fired up the Weber Ranch Kettle and cooked it to perfection! This recipe has become the Christmas Eve miracle! Have made it numerous times with fantastic success. Thank you Meathead for putting it in the cook book.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad the the pastrami was a success - hate to hear of the continued issues with the SmokeFire. At least you know charcoal will ALWAYS work on your ginormous Ranch kettle.

• jhedges983
      jhedges983 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weber made it right and came to pick it up issued refund and I can't say enough positive things about their customer service. Sad day watching it leave. Good luck to Gen 2. Not for me though.

Smoke Fire, glad I did not jump on the bandwagon when they first came out.

Comment

I am sorry to read all of this about Weber....

Comment

So sorry that didn't work out, but glad your pastrami did. A year ago I was so looking forward to it. I feel for everyone that has had issues, but also very glad to be apart of this site where everyone talks about their experiences with all of the products out there.

Comment

• jhedges983
          jhedges983 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you. This site is for real men and women that get it when it comes to the enjoyment of cooking outdoors.

I was quite keen on the Smokefire upon learning of it as I have been a Weber man for decades. However the design flaws kept me on the sidelines and eventually I bit on a OGrilla which thus far (3 weeks) has performed well.
        I still lust for a PBC though....

Comment

• jhedges983
          jhedges983 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the comment DrJimmy2112. I have loved Weber for so long. I got a refund and they are super to work with, They have the BEST customer service I have dealt with. I wish the SmokeFire Gen 2 success. Not for me though.

Glad yer pastrami came out, through all dat...

And to all, A Good Night.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about another disappointing experience with the SmokeFire. Are you going to replace it with something?

Comment

• jhedges983
            jhedges983 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am probably going with Pit Boss Navigator 1150. Been talking to my neighbor who works for Traeger but I have never really been into Traeger. Feel free to tell me I am crazy if any of you have an opinion.

• DrJimmy2112
            DrJimmy2112 commented
            Editing a comment
            I checked out the Pit Boss Navi 1150 after reading your comment & plan jhedges983 . Impressive stats and good price. If you are interested I'd suggest a Original Grilla or Grilla Silverback which is similar to the traditional barrel design of the Pit Boss.
            I've had a few issues with the Grilla which they have promptly resolved, so I am very impressed with Grilla's customer service. But, the price is higher than the Pit Boss. Very much wish you the best.

Sorry to hear you had so many problems, I would have asked to return too. I guess I’ve been pretty lucky with mine. Hopefully whatever you replace it with is much more reliable for you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here