Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Max when testing the upcoming SmokeFire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Max when testing the upcoming SmokeFire

I watched the video here on the Weber SmokeFire as well as the video on the Weber site. I'm looking to buy a pellet smoker/grill in 2020 and while this product looks to be great, I have several concerns.
    With the flame for searing in the center, how even is the heat for low and slow across the grates, left to right and front to back?
    Where is all that flame coming from in the video when the flavor bars block the burn pot? Ignited grease??
    How thick is the body compared to a MAK 2 star or a Rec Tec?
    I hope that Max can reveal these and other potential issues when it's tested.

I'll test the living daylights out of it! Happy holidays!

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also curious as to what the pellet burn rate is both as a grill (hot cooks) and low and slow. Thanks!

Another one for you Max. I just saw the new Pit Boss Platinum Lockhart pellet smoker grill. This one looks awesome, but again, that's marketing for you. What scares me the most is it's only available at Wal-Mart. Give it the test Max. Thanks.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      yes that looks interesting.

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a beast.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here