Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Here It Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive wright by Max as always, you can tell he was impressed. Me too. Good job Weber. I got to have one. What's a $1000 bucks?

EDIT: I will put some wheels on it. That's the only thing i can see they messed up on.
    Last edited by randy56; November 18, 2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Bought my first weber kettle in 1970. Have been using my performer and smoky mountain for the last ten years. Over the years have owned three weber kettles before purchasing the performer. Sold each kettle in garage sales. Webers are made to last. The Smokefire may very well break me away from charcoal-----nothing else has ever come close to doing that. I especially like the ease of clean-up as I'm getting up there in age---76---and cleaning the smoky mountain and performer is becoming a chore. I'll await the coming review before making a decision. Is it sacrilege to stop using charcoal?

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Some would say that using anything other than wood is sacrilege. Me, I'm more of a whatever flots your boat kind of guy.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      pkadare Exactly. The RESULTS are what matter...how one gets there is largely irrelevant.

I've had great meals and crappy cooked using gas, wood, and charcoal.
      In the end, they're just heat and it's up to the cook to work their magic.

Replaced my old Weber gasser with two KK’s, with a pit stop at Kamado Joe. I could see augmenting that lineup with something like this for quick cooks.

Comment

looks like an interesting alternative and the best part is i'll finally be able to taste a pellet cookers results as plenty of local stores will carry. But I withhold final judgement till then. I am interested though. Frankly always steered clear of previous mid-level pellet cookers as I personally never was comfortable with the build quality on them.

Comment

About the release date of my review - We had to sign an NDA to get a presentation and hands on test at Weber's headquarters a week before any other media outlet. The NDA stipulated that we would not publish our review or video before Monday, 11/18 at 9am CST. True to our word, we complied, as we would, and have, with other manufacturers. We were not scheming with Weber to be a part of their marketing efforts. We were, however, excited at the opportunity to be the first media outlet with a hands on review. As always, we aim to provide info that is useful, objective and factual to help our readers make the best buying decisions for their unique needs. We are eager to get a production model in January to run our complete tests.
        Last edited by Max Good; December 6, 2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I have been wavering on a Summit Charcoal because of the cost. This is very tempting for me. The ease of use I have with my Weber Genesis gasser and the lack of searing temps have kept me from giving in and buying a pellet grill. I think I want this more than the Summit Charcoal grill now.

OK, , I want both. But that is not gonna happen all at once.

Once I see a more detailed review here, I may move this to the top of my wish list...

Comment

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, as an owner of a Summit Charcoal and having used my father's pellet pooper (kinda "meh" IMO)...the is the first pellet cooker that has actually caught my attention.

So, after watching the video from Baby Back Maniac and Harry Soo, anyone want to buy a Traegar and/or a Napoleon gasser? :-)

Last edited by pkadare; November 22, 2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Crap! I did NOT need to watch those...
            Now I "NEED" one. LOL

Really interested in this. I have a GMG that has massive temp swings, so much that I finally gave up on it. My friend has the same issue with his, or should I said had, as he replaced it with a rec-tec that holds temps perfectly. If this holds temps, I'm sold, it will go perfectly next to my Weber Kettle and Genesis.

Comment

The timing of this is just right for my upcoming grill patio build. This looks just right to fill out the space between my WSM, Big Green Egg and traditional 22.5" kettle.

Comment

I have over 15 years on pellet grills. Had a Traeger for 12 years and gave it away still working. I worked for a GMG dealer and assembled over 100 of them, burned them in and repaired them. Have several dozen cooks on a Louisiana. Currently have a GMG Jim Bowie because I got it below dealer cost. So here are a few of my impressions. Build quality – looks amazing and the pictures are more comprehensive than any other review on here (I think). Build quality between the Weber and GMG…well there is no comparison. Features – can’t really go into them all but a few. Cooking technology/method – unique to pellet grills as far as I know and appears to solve the problem of high heat grilling. Short auger/overall firebox design – a short auger is much easier to clean and less likely to jam. Without knowing the exact construction it appears to be easier to remove the auger assembly (lots of fun on a GMG. Ability to reverse the auger – I think the only others that can do this are the new Traeger’s, I know many GMG owners that wish they could. These are just a few of my thoughts. GREAT review, looking forward to folks personal experiences with these.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here