Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Here It Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• au4stree
    replied
    As always, great write up/video review Max Good . Will wait and see what the production units look like in 2020. Having owned a traeger previously, lots to like about a pellet cooker, but searing was definitely a drawback for me.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    +2

• crazytown3
    replied
    My BIL has had a Traeger for a few years now, and has used it maybe 10 times, probably less. He just doesn't like the way it cooks.

After reading that article, I am really excited about the possibilities of the SmokeFire. That picture of searing steaks...... How can you not get jazzed about that?

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Hmmmm.... Very Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Pequod
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. Never seriously considered a pellet until this one.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I tell you, I've never been sold on a pellet cooker as a dedicated smoker, but I am definitely sold on them as a replacement for a gas grill. All the push button convenience with better flavor and thermostatic control. Thankfully searing is brief, so I suspect it won't be much of an issue w/ pellet use.

• jfmorris
    replied
    While the entry price point is a little steep compared to some alternatives (Grilla for example), it looks to me like they've nailed the #1 problem of pellet cookers. Also looks like they did a smart job of leveraging a lot of the design expertise and parts that go into the Genesis and Spirit lines, when it comes to stuff like grease collection and the flavorizer bars, which look identical to the ones on the current gas grills.

I'm not rushing out to get rid of my Performer or my 4 burner Genesis II, as I still see a place for gas and for charcoal. I am more likely to get a Weber Smokey Mountain than the new SmokeFire, but I am intrigued for sure, and think the SmokeFire 36 would be the one I would look hard at, as it seems comparably sized to units like the Rectec RT700, as far as the size of the main cooking grate goes.

Leave a comment:

• ScottyC13
    replied
    In case you haven't seen the Weber site info, they've got more info and a video as well.

Discover authentic wood fired taste with Weber's Wood Pellet Grill. Perfectly sear, smoke, and everything in between. Shop pellet grills at Weber.

Leave a comment:

• Davek8282
    replied
    I have my fingers crossed, both my GMG and my gasser are getting up there in age. I'll wait for the full review in the new year but maybe able to replace both with just the one unit. If as good as they say definitely a game changer. Will look good beside the Weber charcoal.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    replied
    I'm waiting for the full review of the production units and the smoking capability, then see if it replaces the Silverback on my wishlist or not.

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Might just have to add that to my wish list. Looks like a great unit.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    Just read it...and I gotta say...for the first time EVER I could potentially consider a pellet cooker.
    My father has one, and I’ve used it several times...and it’s mostly "meh" IMO. While the convenience is there, the flavour is somewhat lacking. I purchased an A-Maze-N tube specifically for his to bring up the much needed smoke profile. It’s probably because of the efficiency of pellet cookers. They might be too efficient for their own good.

Plus, the Weber looks like it solved one of the drawbacks to other pellet cookers... There’s NO WAY anything is getting "grilled" on my father’s. Cooked yes, but forget true grilling & searing.

All that remains now is to see how well it handles other types of cooking. Who knows, I might need to add one to my collection.
    Never say never. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    Very interesting. As a replacement for the gas grill, maybe.

Would be interested for the full review to consider pellet burn rate while searing.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I'm holding back until the smoke clears (no pun intended). They are all over Instagram, they have a pre-sale going on and some sort of special for Cyber Monday.

Leave a comment:

• JoeSousa
    replied
    Based on that initial write-up it might be the first pellet grill I would consider buying. Seems like it addresses a lot of the issues that have held me back from buying a pellet grill. Can't wait to see the full review.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here