Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Weber...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
    It's coming.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      This is spot on, 😂

A couple of major leaks were posted to another site, Enjoy!!!

Shop Weber SmokeFire 672-Sq in Black Pellet Grill at Lowe's.com. SmokeFire’s 200-600° temperature range gives it the versatility to sear, smoke, bake, and everything in between. It’s the only grill you need to

pdf.lowes.com/useandcareguides/715064986633_use.pdf

As well, Derrik Riches has posted a review on his site. I'm sure Max's will be better, but it's some information to drool over now.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the links! Interesting that it looks a lot like their gas grills with all the flavorizer bars, etc. I don't like the plated steel for the grates though.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t either...but i’m sure Weber or someone else will offer stainless upgrades at some point. Not sure why they chose that?

• crazytown3
      crazytown3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welp, I read the use and care guide!

So Max Good , can we ask if you have one yet for review? Give us one wink for yes...

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Eyes Wide Shut

I have and used a pellet pooper for about 3 years now and have come to use it less and less. I love the convenience, I don't particularly like the end results. We just love a more smokey profile and don't get that from pellet cooking. Having said that I'm sure Weber is trying to cash in on the popularity of these machines. It looks to me like they've done a number of things right. Only thing that jumps out at me is the controller, seems a little different from the normal PID made popular. Presets for cooking and BlueTooth/WiFi control seems to be a plus.

I don't know, I'm interested (I own 6 Weber products and love them all) but doubt I would ever buy. Hope Max finds it to be of the quality we've come to expect out of Weber !!

SmokeFire
    Last edited by Troutman; November 14, 2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus 1 on the smoke profile.
      I don’t own one but my father does...I’m tasked to cook on it occasionally. I purchased an A-Maze-N tube specifically to add more smoke. Pellet cookers are just too efficient for their own good.

Overall I'm impressed by the effort. Weber has made what seems to be a very good machine for the price. And unlike the Summit Charcoal, this machine is being marketed to gain market share, to win. It is very competitive with the new Ironwoods - but with better grates and made in America. This is going to be an issue for the mail order guys. People trust the Weber name and like to see something in person when they spend over $1,000. And anyone who still has a chimney needs to stop that now. The pill with a convection system and back vents just works better.

As someone who has the Traeger Timberline and loves it, I am somewhat amused by the obsession that pellet grills needing to sear. Yes I was impressed by the flames and searing power but I was wondering how many pellets are needed to do that? I was also wondering whether Weber was going to sell pellets. The answer is yes, they are. The cynic in me wonders if the grills are primarily a means to create a consistent revenue stream from the pellets. After all Weber does not sell gas and they went in half-heartedly into charcoal. IMHO, over time, a Weber kettle with a SnS would be cost effective against searing with pellets. Pellet smokers just work best 350 and under. For the record I have a weber performer with a SnS and Weber Genesis and I sear on those.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here