Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I scored a free...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored a free...

unused Weber Smokefire EX6 1st generation pellet smoker this weekend following what can only described as a completely humiliating, abysmal, god offal, slit my wrist, worm eating failure at a KCBS State Championship cook-off... So, after reading so many negative review (ones not associated with the KCBS cook-off), was it really a score or the BBQ gods continuing to mock me?...

Contact Weber and see if it can be retrofitted with the Gen2 improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by tstalafuse View Post
      unused Weber Smokefire EX6 1st generation pellet smoker this weekend following what can only described as a completely humiliating, abysmal, god offal, slit my wrist, worm eating failure at a KCBS State Championship cook-off... So, after reading so many negative review (ones not associated with the KCBS cook-off), was it really a score or the BBQ gods continuing to mock me?...
      It couldn't have been that bad. We all learn from our low points. . .better luck next time🔥🔥🔥🐿

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        33rd isn't last, someone had a worse day than you
        Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; June 6, 2022, 08:37 PM.

• tstalafuse
        tstalafuse commented
        Editing a comment
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs, yes, I guess they did. I haven't had that bad a day in years. I guess I don't know what is worse, expecting better numbers (I didn't based on sampling) or waiting for the hammer to fall at presentation.. I really wanted to pack up and pull away before the results were announced.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        tstalafuse the good news is you'll absolutely do better next time. You know it and we know it Wish you the best of luck!

Sorry the cook-off didn't go better. From what glitchy shared about his time as a Smoke Fire owner, the real problems with those were mostly software related. If you can update the software to something that works as intended, you may have scored a winner.

Comment

The Smokefire, the Coor's Light of the pellet grills.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Only you would come up with that one. 😂😂😂
          LMAO

Remove the finger guard, update the firmware (you probably won’t have a choice unless you never connect it to WiFi), use Weber or Lumberjack pellets, and use drip pans under fatty low and slow cooks and you’ll probably be fine. You can also lube the hopper ramps with food safe silicone spray.

Gen 2 was really two parts, a hopper insert to make the ramp steeper and a one pice auger. I’d try to get the parts if you can. The original auger is an over time issue, so you’re safe to use it until you get one. The other thing that helps is to rake the pellets around every couple hours, essentially push them over to the auger side.

If you have or have used another pellet grill you’re going to be surprised, it’s pretty awesome when it works right.

Comment

• tstalafuse
          tstalafuse commented
          Editing a comment
          Was there something else I should have requested? Or do I have to have a different motor to utilize a different one piece auger with the new welded auger chute?

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          tstalafuse You’ll probably have to call Weber on that one, getting too far in the past to remember that kinda detail. I do remember changing augers with the chute, but don’t remember looking in it. Did they replace the cotter pin with a shear bolt? I don’t remember replacing the motor.

• tstalafuse
          tstalafuse commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy, they include a small black bolt with a nut, but it isn't long enough to go through auger and drive shaft to attach the nut. The instructions they sent just show to take out the old assembly, put the whole new one in, but no deals on how to assemble the new parts. Fortunately, the hardware store carries the shear pin, so I bought a couple to keep on hand. I guess, since I only have $1.50 invested, I can't complain.

So…how did you get one for free? Or is that the prize for coming in 33rd? Did the 34th place finisher just say screw it, I am outta here, and you can have this? 😃

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang. I would have tried to get $600 to $700 for it at least. That will get me a brand new cooker of my choice! 👍

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang! I gotta work on getting me some more friends. 😎👏👏

• tstalafuse
          tstalafuse commented
          Editing a comment
          STEbbq GolfGeezer I guess it helps that I give away things as well to friends. What goes around comes around...

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here