Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SmokeFire Stealth Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmokeFire Stealth Edition

Looks like Weber is covertly releasing SmokeFire Gen 3 under the Stealth name.

Noticeable changes:
    New casters
    Some beefed up internal parts (firepot and ramp have corroded out for some people already)
    Redesign on the hopper interior with what appears to be a much steeper slope on short side
    Relocated low pellet sensor
    Moved lawyer mandated finger guard to top of hopper
    New Crafted accessory system
    Interior light
    Updated glow plug assembly
    more?

Someone at Weber must actually read forum posts people make?

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/w.../23611501.html

BBQ Guys showing several of the changes:
    https://www.bbqguys.com/weber-grills...re-ex6-premium
    Last edited by glitchy; January 21, 2022, 08:14 AM.

They need to add the light from Kit on nightrider

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      When that happens, I'll pull the trigger. Not before.

So is it time to ditch the MAK for another go at the SmokeFire? Seems like having a pooper that doesn't need fiddiling, fussing, and fixing must be getting boring for you by now.

I just saw that it ships with not one, but two spare glow plugs. That doesn't sound encouraging. "...two extra glow plugs for future use, and two meat probes for more accurate temperature readings."
    Last edited by willxfmr; January 21, 2022, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I’ll stick with the MAK. The glow plugs are just greed so it’s a disposable part, everyone else has moved away from them. Though you did remind me that they also supposedly updated that assembly so they don’t fail prematurely. While I really like Weber, it’s not hard to see they purposely design several things around ongoing sales. Flavorizer bars are just thick enough to last a few years to keep selling you more.

If you can fill that thing up wall to wall with meat you gots a winner.

Comment

Had to believe more improvements were coming. MCS starting to get to you glitchy ?

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Is MCS curable? I thought it was untreatable.

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy there is no hope. Just give it up

Considered the Smokefire for a bit when researching. Just couldn’t do it, I wasn’t convinced they fixed the issues.

It just seems like the ash and grease going to the same place is a design flaw from the get go.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        The funny thing is that ash/grease system was the one thing I really never had problems with out of many issues. I did follow the recommendations to use drip pans when smoking greasy hunks of meat, but never used them grilling at high temps.

I like the idea of the rotisserie skewers! I just wish they had proper wheels instead of casters.

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        @glitchy

I think in the ad for the Stealth they mentioned it used Crafted Accessories. Who knows, maybe Weber is going to add a few holes/cutouts to their pelloet pooper to allow for rotisserieing? Wouldn't that be great.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing shows in the SmokeFire Stealth pics as far as rotisserie holes, but the new Genesis models have them already and come with the same crafted accessory setup.

It could be cool though on a SmokeFire if they did.
        Last edited by glitchy; January 21, 2022, 10:39 AM.

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        There was a video on BBQ guys under the new Stealth but it was for the new gasser. That has the rotisserie

SmokeFire NOT! too many reports of grease fires, and hot embers falling out onto the floor.

Comment

• zinfella
        zinfella commented
        Editing a comment
        Reading about both Glitchy and Harry Soo's experiences with SF, I would lay grease fire responsibilities at the door step of the operator.

I'm not impressed by the Stealth version. Fix some design flaws found on the originals, less attractive appearance (IMO), and raise the price a couple of hundred? I don't think so.....

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        zinfella I suspect that new models are an easier way to raise prices as a big company with less negative publicity. Almost all grills and smokers have gone up over the past two years. Everything from PBC to Franklin offsets.

• zinfella
        zinfella commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't argue with that.

That looks sweet. Get rid of the chrome and go matte black.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here