Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS is real … EX6 inbound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS is real … EX6 inbound

Couldn’t resist. Any setup tips?
    Attached Files

Removing the finger guard is about the only key tip. If you have food safe silicone spray, you can lube the ramps a little too. Make sure the firmware is up to date before using it.

Comment

When smoking fatty hunks like pork shoulder, place a disposable foil pan on the flavorizer bars. Standard size pans are just a tiny bit too big and the cooking grates butt up against them. No prob though because all you have to do is push down on the cooking grates and the pan will fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by glitchy View Post
        Removing the finger guard is about the only key tip. If you have food safe silicone spray, you can lube the ramps a little too. Make sure the firmware is up to date before using it.
        Did you ever do a prime rib on your SF?

Comment

• zinfella
          zinfella commented
          Editing a comment
          Guess he didn't see that post, or Glitchy needs to clean his glasses.........

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
        When smoking fatty hunks like pork shoulder, place a disposable foil pan on the flavorizer bars. Standard size pans are just a tiny bit too big and the cooking grates butt up against them. No prob though because all you have to do is push down on the cooking grates and the pan will fit fine.
        Probably cheaper than using the Wet Smoke oans too.

Comment

Lemme see here, did ya think we wuz kiddin about MCS? Oh yeah, it’s real. Glad ya gave in. Now we have to see ….Rhe Rest of the Story!

Comment

Congratulations! It is best to just let the MCS happen and don't fight it.

Comment

Good on you. MCS has been satisfied, but 2022 is on a couple of weeks away.

Comment

Congratulations on that cooker!

Comment

Enjoy! Let us know how you like it.

Kathryn

Comment

So far, I regret it. Cannot figure out how the flavorizor bars fit, it comes with 6 but can't get them all to fit. It won't stay connected to the app. The shutdown procedure seems to be a cycle that never ends. Tried calling weber but that's like calling butterball on thanksgiving.

The positive is that this thing is built like a tank and the design is solid. I'm just irritated that the interface is soooo bad. I am in IT professional. I evaluate and buy/don/t buy a lot of things and this just does not make the grade.

Comment

• glitchy
                      glitchy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They do have a digital assembly manual in Bilt that might help with the flavorizer bars. It’s been almost a year so details are fading. I don’t remember how long the shutdown ran. The flavorizer bars should have obvious locations, but the brackets that hold them might have been odd to first get right? Also an IT professtional, the tech is what made me return it, I’ve dealt with too many vendors once proven that clueless at something in software take ages to figure it out or never do.
                      Last edited by glitchy; December 24, 2021, 10:29 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here