Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Model cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Model cooker

Got to look at one of these up close and personal yesterday. As much as I don't need another cooker, I'm very tempted! Anyone got one?

Since you posted under pellet grills -> Weber are you talking about the Weber SmokeFire EX4? If so, I made two failed runs at it and chronicled both pretty in depth in this channel. In summary, it sears amazingly for a pellet grill. Weber was still trying to figure out software development and QA to release updates without breaking a bunch of other things at least into early this year. The hopper design will remain a weak point until redesigned and is considerably more prone to pellet bridging and flameouts than other pellet grills, though simply removing the very poorly design finger guard helps significantly reduce this. It’s also the most difficult pellet grill I’ve owned to fill the hopper without spilling pellets everywhere.

I still keep tabs on it from afar and there have been concerns already with wear/rusting on parts inside the chamber like the pellet feed ramp and brackets that hold flavorizer bars. I see frequent reports of users fighting flameouts (not sure how many of those don’t know to remove finger guard). If they’ve stabilized the firmware and their development processes, it might be a well performing cooker now, it was an inconsistent running mess from fall 2020 into spring 2021 for me. I never knew what it was going to do each time I fired it up.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This one had just arrived at the store. Yes, I can see the weakness in the hopper. Location and angles on the sides are just not right. I do love the ash collection drawer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here