Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally pulled the trigger on a smokefire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice write up. Thanks!

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on the EX6. I took advantage of the $200 off promotion. Key factors for me are the searing capabilities, and my great experience with Weber Support. I hope going public doesn’t change that.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don’t have the risk of anyone trying to stick their fingers in the auger, I would remove the finger guard and make sure the firmware is up to date. The number of complaint posts on other forums has dropped of significantly, so guessing the firmware issues have been ironed out quite a bit.

The Smokefire looks cute compared to your trailer smoker! I’m a big Weber fan but it looks like a lunchbox by comparison. I guess that’s the point though.

Comment

So, how are the lunches goin?

Comment

I posted in this thread on November 14th that I pulled the trigger on an EX6. Unfortunately, I was delivered the EX4 in error. Long story short, I am now sorted with a brand new EX6. Any advise on something easy for a first cook? I am an experienced griller with 7 other grills/smokers, but this is my first time using a pellet grill.

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can cook on another type of smoker, you can cook on a pellet smoker. That's the chief beauty of these things. Set it, forget it, come back when the temp probe alert goes off. Maybe try a pork butt. even I've found them fool proof.

• GolfGeezer
            GolfGeezer commented
            Editing a comment
            What he said! ^

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Cook some steaks and see what makes the SmokeFire special…though not totally the same experience if you’ve never had a different pellet grill.

Until recently the pellets have not been on my radar. I can see the value on cold winter days, not having to manage temps, fire and smoke. As you said, "set it and forget it." It will never entirely replace my BGE and WSM, as I still enjoy the art of it on those nice days.

Comment

MCS kicking in ... found a new EX6 for $599. I don't have a pellet grill at the moment, and was planning on buying a Summit E6 when the bonus came in but this is tempting.

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              If it’s new and warranty applies, that’s a heck of a deal. Complaints have definitely quieted down since they’ve updated firmware. There’s been some people having deterioration of some interior parts already, but supposedly Weber is replacing them with heavier duty parts (pellet ramp and flavorizer brackets). The Kamado is hard to beat though too depending on what other cookers you have.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here