Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow me to introduce...The Ocho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to introduce...The Ocho

Cousin Eddie was shipped back to have some metal plates replaced, but while I had the Lowe’s rental truck it was just too easy to adopt this. Yes, it had a name before it was even finalized.
    Attached Files

Woo Hoo! Now, I think I speak for all of us when I say we expect as nice of a review on Ocho here as we got from the SF.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I used up a lot of excitement and energy on the SF, I’ll see what I can do though.

you've got the first cook going already right?

look forward to your cooks!

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it is assembled, in place, and seasoning. Hope that’s Ok since I didn’t get home until 9:00.

• KarchyBBQ
      KarchyBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy - slacker

Well that didn’t take long. Congrats!

Comment

Looks like someone was on the ocho ball.

Comment

Glamour shot added to first post.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          We’ll see in a couple weeks if I call the second shot ‘Paradise by the Ring Cam Light’ or something less flattering.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Another entertaining myself funny...when I told the wife I didn’t need her or my daughter’s help naming this one because it was The Ocho, her eyes rolled and she just asked if this was really the eighth pellet grill I’ve owned.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I should have probably only had 3 roses with the little dinner I had.

Congrats. Looking forward to the journey.

Comment

Congratulations.

whats with the padlock?

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing after blowing up the picture that it a Broil King grill light.

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            @pkadard wins! Probably should have snapped pics before strapping that on, but it was laying on my BBQ cart from the Weber and had been finishing up assembly outside in the dark, so put it on as soon as I could.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m an idiot. My eyes suck too. I was thinking expensive meat and wascally wabbits.

Great minds think alike... not the Traeger (congrats on that) but the 4 Roses. I picked up a bottle yesterday and had a few last night too!

Comment

• crazytown3
            crazytown3 commented
            Editing a comment
            What is that? A 2 finger pour? I think you can do better than that.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            glitchy, between that and Buffalo Trace, I am satisfied.

• KarchyBBQ
            KarchyBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 there!!

I haven’t felt the best this weekend so far, so haven’t been up to extensive testing, nor felt like writing up much yet. I’ll start a good thread on that soon. All I will say so far is this thing is heavy! Here are a few preview pics too.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice! It is bad luck to have a boat with out a name, I assume the same goes for a smoker or grill. That is the way it is on my patio anyway.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here