Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk me out of it - Traeger Ironwood 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing the Traeger Road Show @ Costco is a couple weeks out yet. I just learned that only a month ago Traeger pushed out firmware breaking a lot of peoples connections and causing a lot of people grief and hours on hold with support. Gonna press the pause button and fully reassess this. I'm not sure if it broke anyone from being able to cook on their grill or just messed up the app for a while. If it completely broke grills (even for just a couple days) they are totally off the table.

Comment

Just one more plug for Yoder. I purchased a Yoder 480 and I love it. It is a tank. My son liked it so much he bought a YS640 and he cooks low and slow every week. They may but I've not seen them run any specials.
      Below are pics of my valentines night steak cook it was excellent. This thing took the place of my gasser and I couldn't be happier with it ability to sear. I have a take and bake pizza cooking at 425* right now. It makes a so so pizza turn into delicious wood fired meal. I've done several low and slow that are great but I do like the smoke flavor better that I get from my KBQ so most of those cooks were when I didn't have the time to tend a fire and they were very good.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	5372B17F-DC61-4CFA-AC83-673C71F64163.jpeg
Views:	540
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	805818Click image for larger version

Name:	D1D4C8F0-515D-4A31-AE20-0A669B27DD3F.jpeg
Views:	469
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	805819Click image for larger version

Name:	45FB944A-4BD9-473E-8B2A-CCE1422CF3CA.jpeg
Views:	477
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	805820

Comment

Yoder take and bake pizza. My wife is always telling me "Should we get a pizza to cook?"
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	805822
        Last edited by hogdog6; February 21, 2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

hogdog6 If I didn’t have the WSCG too, I probably would have looked closer at Yoder and MAK. Ended up trying the Traeger Silverton, wish me luck.

Comment

• hogdog6
            hogdog6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck with your new rig. 🔥

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here