Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traeger Timberline 1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traeger Timberline 1300

Does anyone have any information or experience with these smokers and is it difficult to control the temperature without temperature excursions?

It’s real easy, replace it with a Weber SmokeFire.

Comment

Mostly kidding of course, what type of fluctuations are you seeing? I wouldn’t worry about 20 degrees plus or minus, but much more than that call Traeger and run through their troubleshooting. It will likely be painful as their support can be frustrating, but they should be able to help you out.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Sorry, no pellet poopper experience here.

Comment

Here's our review of the mid-size 850: https://amazingribs.com/smoker/traeg...0-grill-review

Comment

No help as usual, but welcome to the pit.

Comment

I have the 850. It does bounce 20+- when first starting it which does seem to be normal for pellet grills (maybe not by that much). But it usually settles down after 30 mins. or so. I did have a flame out on Super Bowl Sunday and couldn't take the time to recover. Finish on my gasser.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta
                They all (brands) seem to over shoot the mark after startup and settle in within 30 minutes. Mine holds very steady within about 10 degrees with an occasional 20 degree excursion. Just keep it clean an you should be good.

Comment

Temperature swings are not to be worried. I used to freak over 5 degrees. Now I’m like 75. Haha. It won’t make much difference. Anywhere between 225-300, I’m good.

Comment

Thank you all. This is very helpful. I was beginning to doubt my purchase.

Comment

The beauty of pellet smokers, especially this heavy insulated one, is that the electronic control keeps the temperature as accurate as needed without any effort.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here