Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timberline XL -- seeking your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timberline XL -- seeking your thoughts

I was asking Max Good when his review of the new Timberline will hit and ended up starting a conversation in that channel about my experiences with the new smoker. It's time that discussion moved here ...

Anyone have experience with the newest Traeger? As is anything with Traeger, the hype was off the hook back in the spring. The company sent units to social media influencers who all conveniently posted reviews the day the Timberline was revealed. Since then, the grills have rolled out into the real world and the reviews have been ... mixed.

I've used pellet smokers/grills for years now after moving on from the Big Green Egg, starting with a basic Traeger and eventually moving up late last year to a Memphis Pro ITC3, an all-stainless beast that can sear over a direct flame as well as smoke. After some glitches with the Memphis sidelined me for about a month, I decided to give the Timberline a shot and will sell one of the smokers after I decide which one I like most.

The jury's still out for me. The Timberline creates more smoke than the Memphis but doesn't get as hot. I've also noticed temperatures to be much lower than what's on the display. All that said, I do like the more robust smoke profile off the barbecue I've made on the Timberline.

Does anyone have experience with the new Timberline grills? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here