Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member of Team Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member of Team Traeger

A combination of a birthday, a Costco road show and a wife suggesting I should go for it, has let me to purchasing a Traeger Silverton 810. Seasoning it now. Would happily accept any advice for a pellet newbie.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the pellet head team! I've been running a Recteq for a few years now. Best cooker I have. Best advice is stick to low and slow or mid range temperature cooks. In my experience, they really don't do hot and fast well no matter what the manufacturer says. Much better ways to sear etc. Second best advice is to trust the cooker and just go for it. Brisket? No problem. Beef Dino ribs? Easy peasy. Pork butt? Set it and forget it. You're going to love it.

Comment

Congrats! How convenient that you just happened to have the perfect place to park it.

Comment

Greetings from NW Oregon, The birthplace of the pellet grill.
        May all Pellet Heads unit.

Comment

I am not a pellet cooker, but my buddy, Dave is. He absolutely loves it! The Traeger web site is really good. Sign up for their email list. I subscribe and I don't even own one. I give Dave crap about having to "plug in" his smoker, but I am secretly jealous!

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            That jealousy works both ways, but I will never admit it.

Pellet grill user for 4 years and counting. Only regret that I have is that I don't have enough time to use it more than once or twice a week. Advice would be to use a quality brand of pellet, you do get what you pay for, also don't freak out over temperature swings, they will happen. As far as smoke output, it will be mellow and less prominent than other smokers. If you want a heavier smoke profile I recommend a smoking tube. Enjoy and welcome to the pellet grill world.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            We prefer the "Kiss of Smoke" from Traeger competition blend pellets. The pellets are of high quality, but they are not the end of it all.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here