Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traeger Com190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traeger Com190

I’m looking for some advice on how many pounds of pellets I will need to run this thing at 225 to 250 for approximately 15 hours. I have no experience with pellet poopers, but this is what I’ve been handed to cook 12 butts and some slc ribs. Any tips, tricks, pointers appreciated.

Wish I could help. I know it's 2 separate 150s, but that likely doesn't help you much unless you know what a 150 uses on an all-day cook. I bet there are some YouTube videos out there in which the users mention pellet use (of either the 190 or the 150s), so I would suggest checking out that as a resource.

Comment

As a wood-fired smokers, Traeger grills use wood pellets for fuel. In both cases that works out to slightly more than $1 per pound. The smoker burns 1 to 3 pounds of pellets per hour. Traeger says that means each 20 pound bag provides between 6 to 20 hours of cook time (at high or low heat)

That is about the burn rate of my timberline 850. the 150 1 1/2 to 2x the amount?

Last edited by bbqLuv; July 6, 2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Depends on the efficiency of the grill (and how clean it is, and how well it's maintained) AND outside factors like wind and sunlight. But at 225 most pellet grills will get you at least 15-20 hours with 20lbs. I would think that with both sides running they should be more efficient on pellets than if you ran one side by itself (but I'm just guessing)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here